PRECIOUS METALS/INORGANIC LINE MANAGER
Hours: Days (Monday to Friday)
Salary: Highly competitive
Our Client, a global testing organisation is looking to recruit for an experienced Precious Metals testing expert who will work at their modern site in Liverpool and play a vital role in managing a highly successful team with a company very much on the 'up'.
We are looking for candidates with:
- Will have a working knowledge of the principles of ISO/IEC 17025:2017.
- A large amount of practical experience and the ability to demonstrate a proven track record in the analysis of Ag, Au, Pt, Pd, Rh, Ru, Ir, & Os in a wide and varied range of metalliferous materials found within the global commodity markets.
- Experience in the analysis of the following commodities is a key requirement of the role; circular economy i.e. catalyst, washcoat, monolith, spent reforming and refining catalyst & Escrap. Incinerator bottom ash (IBA). Complex pgm refinery products and high pgm bearing materials such as pgm concentrate. Ash & carbon products, pm spiess, dross, matte and copper cement. Anode slime, blister copper / copper anode, Dore and refinery fines materials for a range of precious metal elements is a key consideration.
- Experience in techniques such as classical fire assay lead and nickel sulphide collection, pressure digestion and other sample digestion techniques, potentiometric auto-titration systems, and prill processing techniques post fire assay are a consideration. A working knowledge of FAAS & ICPOES is desirable.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced laboratory environment in accordance with ISO 17025 guidelines.
- A proven track- record in Laboratory Management from an operational, quality or technical perspective.
- Ability to work in a cross functional capacity such as management and in a 'hands on' laboratory function to deliver a service which meets client expectations as a minimum standard.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong team player with focussed work ethic who can demonstrate a diplomatic and measured approach through leading by example and encouraging others.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under own initiative in a dynamic work environment with changing daily priorities.
- Has a proven record in using the key techniques of commercial analytical chemistry.
- Bringing in new methods and introducing step change benefits in terms of cost, time and quality is desirable.
- Act in a troubleshooting capacity using knowledge and experience to address live analytical problems
- Ability to work and organise in a structured way. Whilst maintaining flexibility to the changing and demanding needs of the business.
- Ability to process large data sets to reach conclusions and suggest alternatives and improvements.
- Understands the principles of method development and validation as applied in an Analytical Laboratory.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office packages as desirable, but not essential skill.
- Degree in Inorganic analytical chemistry or a related discipline is desirable but not essential.