Preparation Section Coordinator
Salary: £17,242.50 with shift allowance of 10% on top (nearly £19,000)
Hours: 37 per week Tuesday - Saturday (5.00 - 13.00)
This role will focus on the coordination of the sample reception workflow within the logging in area and will assign tasks to staff in the section and the preparation area.
The role holder will ensure that all samples are logged, prepared and delivered to the analytical sections in a timely manner or stored appropriately with due regard to Health, Safety, Environment and Quality standards, issues and audit improvement actions relating to the task.
- Allocates tasks for themselves and the team to log and prepare samples for analysis on a daily basis.
- Manage problems associated with missing samples, repeats, missing crates, and other issues.
- Manage the timely and accurate logging in and preparation of all samples as they customer requested.
- Ensure the temperature of the coldstore is accurately recorded on the worksheets.
- Organise and maintain a cleaning rota for the section.
- Maintain stock levels of consumables used in the department and replenish as required.
- Inform the Team Leader of low stock levels of consumables that require ordering.
- Troubleshoot when equipment is not performing satisfactorily (including PCs, label guns, balances, fume cabinets, barcode printers, photocopier etc).
- Check accuracy of other team member's work.
- Assist the Team Leader in the training of new members of staff.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all work areas with regards to Health and Safety.
- Ensuring conformance to the H&S and QMS (quality management system)
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills needed to be able to communicate effectively and interpret data/ read and update SOPs etc
- Strong interpersonal skills needed to be able to organise and communicate the flow of work across the various benches.
- Good grasp of IT systems needed to be able to update information onto the database/s.
- Will have worked in a fast paced area previously and used to organise high volumes of work working to deadlines etc
- A 'can do' attitude, we want someone who can act as a leader and a role model in this role.