Press Brake Operator
Russell Taylor is currently recruiting a Brake Press Operator to join a well-established material handling company based in Liverpool. We are ideally looking for Operators who have Armada or Trumpf experience. However, training is available for those who have basic knowledge on how to operate a Brake Press.
The rate is £10.72/hr for candidates who have reasonable skills operating a Brake Press who can be trained. The rate is £12.13/hr for experienced candidates who are able to set the machine and start bending parts with minimal training.
Initially, the position would be daytime shifts consisting of Monday to Thursday 8:00 to 16:30 and Friday 8:00 to 14:00.
Once familiar with the machines it will move on to a late-night shift consisting of working hours Monday to Thursday 16:30pm to 01:00am and Friday 13:00pm to 18:30pm. In addition, you are entitled to an unpaid meal break of half an hour. The late shift also attracts a time and a third premium as well.
The successful candidate will be able to:
* Programme, set and operate the Press Brake machine.
* Ability to read and work to engineering drawings.
* Work with various materials.
* Operate various other machinery.
* Use existing programs and set tooling accordingly.
* Maintenance of tooling.
* Health and safety awareness.
* Detect and report defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
* Armada or Trumpf Brake Press experience.
* Have previous experience reading and working to engineering drawings.
* Must be self-motivated and enthusiastic.
* Ability to work accurately to deadlines in a busy and pressurised environment.
* Good communication.
* Ability to work with minimal supervision.
* 24 days holiday per annum, which will increase 1 day every 5 years of service up to a maximum of 27 days.
* Company pension - 4% employee contribution, 4% employer contribution.
* SSP for sickness absence.
We appreciate your CV may not be up to date. No problem, just apply and we'll deal with that later.