Principal Scientist - Analytical Testing
Location: Colne, Lancashire
Our Client, a major - multi sited testing company are looking to recruit for an experienced Principle Scientist who will work at their brand new testing facility as a vital part of the analysis team.
Reporting to the Managing Principal Scientist the Principal Scientist will be an accountable scientific consultant within the Regulatory Science team.
The role is responsible for utilising business resources to lead rapid validated learning in the disruptive market. The role requires sound commercial acumen. The role is responsible for taking informed risks and making rapid business decisions.
- Provide scientific consultancy to support commercial marketing activities. This may include product strategy, product pricing and product promotional activities.
- Write scientific publications / speak at events on specific areas of scientific expertise aligned with marketing activities.
- Provide scientific consultancy to support commercial sales activities to win new clients. This may include input into commercial proposals, acting as the technical SME on sales calls, presenting to clients during visits.
- Write Technical / Project Synopses and work instructions.
- Take responsibility as primary Technical / Scientific Relationship Manager for portfolio of key clients. As the SME, you would be the fountain of all regulator science knowledge when communicating with the client / stakeholders.
- Arrange client visits and take lead role in co-ordinating technical review meetings. Document meetings minutes effectively and co-ordinate completion of actions.
- Take responsibility for self-teaching in this ENDS emerging markets and driving a rapid learning culture for yourself and your team.
- Communicate validated-learning to help develop other team members and support commercial activities.
- Take responsibility for Project Managing the regulatory science aspects of client projects (e.g. managing the analytical activities required for an ENDS PMTA). The overall project may be managed by an external client
- Create sampling and testing strategy and plans for ENDS regulatory projects (e.g. FDA PMTA, MHRA MAA)
- Take accountability for executing analytical plans to agreed budgets and deadlines to ensure overall project goals are achieved. For example, this will include method development and method validation activities.
- Take accountability for analysing and validating scientific data, interpreting and communicating hypotheses effectively through written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both within regulated environments (e.g. GMP/GLP) and agile R&D environments.
- Lease with internal laboratory operations and R&D scientists to schedule testing slots to meet project / client deadlines.
- Train and coach internal scientists/analysts against agreed training initiatives.
- Commit to creating a smoke-free future.
Education & Experience
- Will hold a PH.D in Analytical Sciences or significant Analytical Chemistry experience
- Experience (3 plus years) of working in a regulated science and/or research analytical laboratory environment. An appropriate PhD is considered within this experience.
- Experience of analytical method development and validation
- Proven ability in technical writing and communications.
- Proven self-learner.
- Can demonstrate business / commercial acumen.
- Proven project management skills.
- Can demonstrate drive and motivation.