Principal Scientist - Analytical Testing
Our Client, a major - multi sited testing company are looking to recruit for an experienced Principle Scientist who will work at their brand new testing facility as a vital part of the analysis team.
Reporting to the Managing Principal Scientist the Principal Scientist will be an accountable scientific consultant within the Regulatory Science team.
About the role:
- Provide scientific consultancy to support commercial marketing activities - including product strategy, product pricing and product promotional activities.
- Write scientific publications / speak at events on specific areas of scientific expertise aligned with marketing activities.
- Provide scientific consultancy to support commercial sales activities to win new clients - including input into commercial proposals, acting as the technical SME on sales calls, presenting to clients during visits.
- Write Technical / Project Synopses and work instructions.
- Take responsibility as primary Technical / Scientific Relationship Manager for portfolio of key clients. As the SME, you would be the fountain of all regulator science knowledge when communicating with the client / stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for self-teaching in this ENDS emerging markets and driving a rapid learning culture.
- Communicate validated-learning to help develop other team members and support commercial activities.
- Take responsibility for Project Managing the regulatory science aspects of client projects (e.g. managing the analytical activities required for an ENDS PMTA).
- Create sampling and testing strategy and plans for ENDS regulatory projects (e.g. FDA PMTA, MHRA MAA)
- Take accountability for executing analytical plans to agreed budgets and deadlines to ensure overall project goals are achieved - this will include method development and method validation activities.
- Take accountability for analysing and validating scientific data, interpreting and communicating hypotheses effectively through written and verbal communications.
- Lease with internal laboratory operations and R&D scientists to schedule testing slots to meet project / client deadlines.
- Minimum Degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related subject (PhD is highly desirable).
- Experience with Mass Spec instrumentation, GCMS, LCMS, HPLC and other Wet Chemistry techniques is essential.
- Experience (3+ years) of working in a regulated science (ISO 17025) and/or research analytical laboratory environment.
- Experience of analytical method development and validation in appropriate techniques.
- Proven project management skills.