Principal Verification Engineer - Edinburgh
My client are looking for a Principal Verification Engineer who will take ownership of all aspects of digital design for high performance IC developments, work on complex subsystems and will contribute towards improvements in methodology within the company’s team.
Salary negotiable depending on experience.
- Product and sub-system definition in conjunction with system architects
- Working within and leading teams of design engineers to design and deliver complex digital systems or entire projects.
- Scoping and estimation of digital design tasks and accountability for delivery and quality.
- Supporting, and where necessary coaching, the digital design team to follow, and improve, defined methodology practices
- Hands-on project design/verification involvement
Required Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Degree in Electronics and/or Computer Science (or similar)
- Extensive experience in design and verification of CMOS digital integrated circuits.
- Experience and expertise in several of the following areas; Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- Verification with frameworks like UVM/OVM, e, VMM.
- Ability to work within cross-functional teams
- Strong ability to interpret results and resolve problems
- An innovative, creative, lateral thinking problem solver
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Audio circuit design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Digital Filter design
- Delta-Sigma designs
- Low power design techniques
- High Speed digital design techniques
My client is a leading supplier of audio and voice software solutions for a range of applications including mobile communications and automotive entertainment. Established for over 30 years, they excel at developing complex chip design, and value feature integration and innovation highly. With a vast array of patents internationally, they serve a wide variety of customers on a global scale, through both direct and distributor based sales.
To apply for this role please include a covering letter outlining your suitability for the position.