Process Chemist, Polymers
Hours: (Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm)
Salary: Up to £22,000 DOE
Additional: 20 days plus bank holidays (inc. 10 days fixed leave for Xmas and summer shutdown)
Additional: Parking onsite, company pension.
Our Client a global polymer manufacturing company based in the Preston area, is looking to recruit for a Process Chemist who will be trained up in the below activities and given the chance to progress within the company.
- You will be required to plan organise and carry out polymerisation reactions on production scale reactors.
- You will be monitoring and processing scrap material on the Effluent Treatment Plant.
- Day to day duties will require controlling all aspects of meeting production targets.
- The position will report directly to the Technical Manager.
- Training will be provided to develop and broaden the job specification.
- Must be qualified to HND / BSc Degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a related discipline
- The ideal Candidate will have some industrial Chemistry or Production / Process Chemistry experience but not essential.
- Experience in working in an acrylic polymer manufacturing industry would be an advantage.
- Experience in using computer controlled reaction processes would be an advantage.
- Must be able to work in a fast moving manufacturing environment and be flexible with hours in order to address business needs.
- Must be able work under own initiative and possess good team working and organisational skills.
- expected to be flexible if overtime is required