Process Chemist / Lead Chemist - aerospace
Hours: Monday to Thursday (8:00 - 17:00) and Friday (8:00 - 13:00)
Holidays: 24.5 + BH
RTG are working in partnership with a leading aerospace manufacturing company who are experiencing growth at this time; this exciting position involves various technical management of the effluent, QMS implementation and staff management (leading 6 staff).
- To undertake the chemical analysis of treatment tank contents to ensure that they meet customer specifications.
- To control the site effluent processing to ensure compliance to environmental standards
- To provide guidance and instruction to the effluent plant process operators to ensure effective and safe running of the site effluent plant
- Ordering and inward verification/testing of chemicals and associated materials
- Technical review of documentation and specifications as required
- Day to day running of the laboratory functions
- To produce and maintain accurate records
- Carry out salt spray testing in line with customer specification requirements
- To maintain and manage lab/test equipment including calibration
- Assist in second and third party audit activities including NADCAP and AS9100 criteria
- To manage the onsite storage and subsequent disposal of hazardous waste streams for all Wrexham facilities
- To attend environmental steering group ESG
- Line management responsibility for 5 Operators
- Minimum A- Level in a Scientific or Chemistry Engineering based discipline
- The ideal Candidate will have worked to NADCAP/AS9100 standards but other Chemical based industries will be considered.
- Experience in effluent treatment, monitoring of chemical processes and verification testing.
- Will have strong leadership skills and previous experience managing, training and/or deputising.
- Previous/ significant experience in writing technical reports
- Solid IT skills (Microsoft applications etc)
- Strong interpersonal skills, being able to communicate with various stakeholders at various levels