A vacancy has arisen for a Senior Operator in our Manufacturing Department. The role will include assisting the deputy Production Manager, strict adherence and compliance with cGMP and HSE regulations, and the liaison with other departments e.g. the Laboratory, QA, Warehouse, Packing Hall etc.
The position is a shift position working early, night and late rotations each week. Nights start on a Sunday night and complete on the Thursday night, the other shifts are Monday to Friday. The person will have a responsibility to lock up and open the Site as required.
Manufacturing Process Operator
Reports to: Deputy Production Manager
Direct Reports: 2 Operators
- Management of the staff and plant equipment to ensure that the output of the Manufacturing Department meets the demands of the production plan, and the capabilities of the Plant and staff.
- Ensure all operations and documentation are compliant with the GMP standards for the Manufacturing Department.
- To cover other Senior Operators as required to ensure full cover at all times.
- Manufacturing Senior Operators on the Night Shift will have the responsibility of being the Senior Person on Site when the Packing Hall is not operating
- To assess staff availability and allocate to specific tasks on a day-to-day basis which will meet the production plan and anticipated sales or stock levels.
- Ensure that products are manufactured in a timely manner, through efficient management of the Operators following the respective SOP's for each operation while adhering to GMP.
- All staff performing operations are fully trained, or are undergoing formal training under supervision: all training is documented in a timely manner for each operation.
- SOP's are present and current for all operations as per the training matrix
- To work with the Deputy Production Manager to achieve the efficient and compliant operation of the Manufacturing and Packing Departments to meet the demands of the production plan.
- To maintain performance measures for the Manufacturing and Packing Hall Departments operations that may be used as key indicators for the area.
- To direct, control and motivate staff in your Department.
- To delegate effectively to the Operators to ensure their responsibilities are understood and the quality of work is maintained.
- To actively manage and promote Health Safety and Environmental practices within the Department. Ensuring the Health and Safety guidelines are adhered too. Raise incident and accident reports as necessary.
- To actively participate in projects with the Production Manager
- To assess the current operation of the Manufacturing and Packing Hall Departments and propose changes and/or modifications to increase the output or quality of the operation.
- To manage the Manufacturing Department housekeeping to ensure the area is clean and tidy so that no risk of contamination build up and/or safety issues may arise
- To participate in any other tasks that are deemed a priority for the site by the Production Manager that you are able and trained to perform.
To Apply - please click on the link ensuring your contact details and CV are fully updated.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager