Process/Research Chemist, Chemical
Hours: (Mon-Fri 8am - 5pm)
Salary: Upto £24,000 DOE (there is a more advanced position available too upto £30,000 CIRCA)
Additional: 25+ BH (holidays) increasing with every year of service, 4% matched company pension, annual bonus (performance and individual), food incentives (monthly), parking onsite and the company is currently looking into new incentives including gym membership.
Our Client a global polymer manufacturing company based in the Preston area, is looking to recruit for a Research Chemist who will be trained up in the below activities and given the chance to progress within the company. This lab is brand new, as the company have expanded their product range and as such have invested in site development - this is a great time to be joining them!
- Conducting HPLC/GC, FTIR (but not limited to) - testing
- Working and adhering to GMP guidelines
- Assisting the Synthetic / Research team with testing and research and report writing
- Keep detailed project notes and update project reports.
- Plan and organise work in a logical and methodical manner with a clear focus on project objectives.
- Prepare full and detailed analyses of the laboratory work for customer review or for internal purposes as required.
- Must be qualified to HND / BSc Degree level (or equivalent) in Chemistry or a related discipline
- The ideal Candidate will have some research chemistry experience ideally within polymers
- Must be able to work in a fast-moving manufacturing environment and be flexible with hours to address business needs.
- Must be able work under own initiative and possess good team working and organisational skills.