Roles and Responsibilities:
- As Procurement Manager you will direct the procurement of goods and services for the Company and / or client.
- Contribute towards continuous improvement ("CI"), driving positive, pro-active CI activity on an on-going basis.
- Lead Procurement team members, who manage procurement processes, changes, updates, and other procurement-related activities in line with corporate policy, industry standards and procedures.
- Develop and/or update procurement policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
- Develop a centralised procurement program that will add value and efficiency to the Company.
- The Procurement team will have tactical responsibility for the development and implementation of policies, procedures and systems that support the Company's acquisition and management of goods and services - for both resale, customer integration and internal use.
- Develop and communicate a procurement business plan.
- Establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
- Serve as the primary senior contact for procurement related questions, training, policy and procedure interpretation and alignment by all departments.
- Oversee contract development and administration in the procurement of the supply chain.
- Develop and implement procurement-related training programs for the procurement team.
- Manage current procurement policies, procedures and programs with a focus on their ability to enhance organisational value and efficiency.
- Meet regularly with respective department Heads regarding procurement for their understanding and/or recommendations to enhance policies, procedures and develop communicate and implement new/revised policies, procedures and programs as needed
Qualifications and Required Experience of the Procurement Manager:
- BSc degree in Quantity Surveying or related field
- Has a proven track record managing a Procurement function in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced people manager.
- Experienced negotiator and influencer at all levels.
- Can communicate skills, knowledge and experience, and apply them professionally as a trusted expert.
- Minimum CIPS 6 qualified.
- Computer IT skills - MS Office packages (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook).
- In-depth procurement systems and process knowledge.
- Extensive Procurement experience, in a leadership role