Purchasing Manager (Construction Manufacturing)
£42,000 plus Bonus
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems in to the construction industry. They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades and at such an exciting time have chosen to relocate their whole team and manufacturing site to St Helens.
They are broadening their product range, expanding their facades capabilities and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings and have recently given this as their focus by setting up a stand-alone division.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for an Purchasing Manager to join this rapidly expanding business. Experience of working within construction, buiding projects or building design would be hugely beneficial but not essential.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand new team, utilise all of your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
Your New Role
As our new Assistant Procurement Manager you will report into the Head of Procurement and will actively manage the supply chain leading a team of 3 buyers, to ensure we place the design sheets in a timely manner within budget with our chosen vendors.
This role will require the ability to work with several internal and external stakeholders from Estimators to our Vendor base across many projects with complete ownership of these projects ensuring the team are conduits internally and externally for these projects
You Key Roles and Responsibilities
* To manage our current Vendor base and have a comprehensive understanding of
the full portfolio.
* To ensure all design sheets are placed in a timely manner with the right vendor at a competitive price.
* To source new vendors across the globe, ensuring best value and quality are always achieved, as required by the business.
* To lead Savings initiatives and ensure we surpass our targets.
* Liaising with contractors and architects and offering advice on the best products, with full consideration for Health and Safety.
* Ensure a detailed and accurate handover from design as required.
* Liaise with stakeholders as required to resolve design issues.
* The ability to understand and read drawings, as required.
* Highlight any design changes and ensure they are re-costed appropriately.
* Train and develop team members as required.
* To ensure Levolux is at the forefront of all New product development with our supply chain partners
* Keep the Contracts Manager, Project Manager and Commercial Manager (as appropriate) informed of any issues, which may affect the programme or have a financial impact.
* To ensure the Procurement team initiate best practice within our field
* Manage workload to achieve all design deadlines required to meet programme dates.
* Attend site design and coordination meetings.
* To ensure Navision best practice across the team
* To supply a list of furnished reports to the business
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Ideally degree or equivalent in related field or MCIPS in Procurement
* Relevant experience of working in Construction industry in a similar role.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work on own initiative.
* Close attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Proven track record in working in a team and across multiple disciplinesApr i l 2 0 2 1 , R e v 0
* Experience using Navision is desirable but not essential.
* Appreciation of business demands and working to deadlines.
* Excellent presentation skills
* Proactive approach to managing workload at all times
* Inventory Management experience
* Generalist experience in supply chain
* Proven track record in delivering savings across multiple disciplines and
* Direct and Indirect experience across all commodities within a business, with a proven track record of savings against these commodities
* Private medical healthcare
* 25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
* 8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
* 8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
* Contributory Pension Scheme 3%/6% 4%/8%
Please click on the link to apply.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager