I am currently recruiting for a Procurement/Purchasing Manager to work for a prestigious engineering company. Within this role, you will be working over a wide range of projects spanning over a multitude of sectors which include transmission and distribution, nuclear, renewables and oil and gas.
Summary of the Role
The individual will be responsible for ongoing management of the purchasing strategy and activity for ensuring optimal supplier performance and price. They will develop and implement a strategy to ensure the function is operating in line with the business objectives to add value, mitigate supply chain risk and deliver cost savings. Responsible for developing and maintain strategic supplier relationships and manage the development of contracts, contractual relationships, and contract management to deliver continuous improvement in delivery of goods and services from the supply base. Lead and manage a small team to deliver the appropriate support to the business to ensure corporate and business development objectives are met working alongside the senior management team in contributing to overall business objectives.
* Responsible for managing relationships and negotiating with key suppliers at a senior level
* Negotiate contract terms with key suppliers to ensure value for money, quality standards and delivery terms
* Develop negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
* Forecast price and market trends to identify changes
* Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
* Develop an overall vendor base which creates and sustains a competitive advantage utilising global market exploitation, leveraging spends and leveraging technologies
* Develop, implement, and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process to measure effective supplier performance and compliance
* Ensure professional and consistent supplier management is applied across the supply base in line with the purchasing policy.
* Demonstrable experience of leading a purchasing function with a proven track record in strategic purchasing leadership delivering effective purchasing strategies, policies, processes, and systems
* Proven contract management and supplier experience
* Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to engage, negotiate and manage key stakeholders and suppliers
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Results orientated with ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
* Commercially and financially astute with experience of managing budgets
* Competence in MS Office - Excel in particular.
* Fellowship or Membership of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)
* Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification, or equivalent relevant work experience.
* Knowledge and technical understanding of engineering processes and components and supply chain management
* Experience of using other Microsoft software, specifically higher level of Excel, Dynamics NAV, SharePoint and Power BI