Role: Product Certification Engineers ( Electrical ) All Levels
Location: Chester, UK - North West
Salary: Highly Competitive
Russell Taylor Group have some fantastic opportunities for Engineers, Junior / Senior looking to progress into a Certification Engineers Role and join a Global Company based near Chester. You will provide high quality certification services which meets their clients needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes and procedures.
- Independently or as a team depending on your level of experience manage certification projects concurrently ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements achieving completion within time frames and cost deadlines. Evaluates products against requirements of the national / international standards and precedent decisions.
- Work on projects, deliver projects / tests reports within the agreed timescales and to project bugets.
- Demonstrates technical competence in 2 or more product qualification competencies
- Review test data and reports and authorizes application of the Certification Marks
- Provides client with assistance in solving problems / failures without divulging proprietary information.
- Review customer test methods and systems; reviews new / old product designs and all applicable documentation.
- Ensures all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines. Provides technical briefings on new and existing requirements.
- Works with sales to support current clients and develop new client opportunities to support growth
- Explains the different product certifications programs available to clients and the requirements for control of production.
- Prepares Test Lab Work Orders and Special Testing Documentation that includes details regarding applicable sections of relevant standards, test sample plan, data collection methods and tables, Job Hazard Analysis, and any other instructions.
- Provides necessary guidance to Lab Technicians to ensure proper application of requirements and data collections methods are in line.
- Makes field trips and witnesses test work at manufacturer's facilities as required.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with likely 2 - 10 years of job related experience or
- Certified Engineering Technologist, Journeyman Electrician or equivalent industry experience with likely 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of UL / IEC Standards
- Good writing communication for reports to clients.
- Variety of testing procedures / Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Demonstrate the ability to confidently and clearly communicate, explain findings, test results and technical decisions to others, including customers and other engineers.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills; customer service skills
- Strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Able to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment
- Ability to read, interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and test data
Key words; Product Certification Engineer, electrical, Motors, luminaires, junction boxes, 60079-7, 60079-1, 60079-11