Role: Certification Engineer (Trainee) Electrical / Electronic
Location: Chester, North West, UK
Russell Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for a degree qualified Electrical / Electronic Engineer with 2 years industry experience to become a Certification Engineer. This is an excellent opportunity to be trained by the best Certification Engineers in the industry, work on a variety of products from all around the world.
Under direct supervision of a qualified Certifier, completes certification projects and related tasks primarily of a non-complex nature. Makes assisted technical decisions based on knowledge, training and experience on certification and testing to maintain the integrity of programs.
- Handles a narrow spectrum of projects generating moderate revenue levels
- Demonstrates a good understanding of the company certification process, accreditation requirements and governing quality management procedures.
- Demonstrates understanding of and the ability to accurately perform all elements of evaluation (contract review, evaluation and determine a test plan) under supervision.
- Demonstrates understanding of all elements involved in testing for specific standards (select proper tests, understand past fail criteria and rational) under supervision.
- Conducts construction evaluation, ensuring the unit complies with the construction section of the standard; identifies rationale for compliance or non-compliance.
- Collaborates with Lab Technician to create a work order which test are required and; the order of the tests and the number of samples required.
- Classifies product by use, environment and function. Determines the applicable requirements / test / standard. Determines sample requirements and method / location for testing evaluation best suited to customers' needs. Conducts pre-assessment with mentor assistance, of equipment to ensure the unit is equipped with the proper components and agrees with the construction indicated on the work order and submittal information.
- Works with mentor to ensure completion or projects within time frame deadlines. With mentor assistance, evaluates products against requirements of national and / or international standards. With assistance, prepares work orders for the test program. Works in collaboration with Lab personnel to determine applicable tests. Assists test personal and perform test when required.
- Prepares Findings Communications, Certification reports, Certificates of Compliance and other related documentation for the mentor.
- As appropriate, suggests to sales team new client opportunities to support growth
- Prepares project quotations for cost and time. Classifies product by use, environment and function. Determines applicable requirements / test / standards. With supervision, determines sample requirements and method / location for testing / evaluation best suited to customers' needs.
- Explains the different product certification programs available to clients and the requirements for control of production.
- Provides client feedback to mentor, Manager, Team Leader, Project Holder or Sales Rep as appropriate.
- Strives to become more knowledgeable in national / international standards through research of standards, documentation, bulletins and technical articles in area of specialty. Participates in formal, informal, and team training events to expand his / her Certifier capabilities.
- Seeks to understand and plan for own development needs in line with this competency matrix and the tests they are assigned to perform
- Performs other duties as assigned by mentor, Manager, Team Leader, or Project Manager.
Preferred Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with 0 - 2 years of job related experience or
- Certified Engineering Technologist, Journeyman Electrician or equivalent industry experience with likely 3 years of related experience
- Knowledge of Laboratory instrumentation, including operating principles and calibration procedures, as well as general Laboratory procedures
- Presents written and verbal communication in a clear manner using the appropriate template with only minimal checking by a supervisor.
- Has good interpersonal skills and works well with all members of the team, treating others with respect and promotes co-operation
- Self-motivated and client-service oriented
- Computer proficiency (Word processing); keyboarding
- Strong problem-solving skills, detail oriented, strong organizational, time, and project management skills
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments and tools
- Ability to read, interpret engineering drawings, schematics, and test data