Product Development Scientist
2 roles available
Based in Runcorn
£19,000 - £21,000 depending on experience
A successful expanding contract development and manufacturing company based in Runcorn is looking to appoint 2 additional Product Development Scientists to their team on a permanent basis.
The successful candidates will provide technical support for product development activities including formulation development, process development and production campaigns, supporting project management activities, generation of basic scientific documents, procurement and release of development materials and working to current GMP and EHS requirements.
Graduates are welcome to apply as there is a full training program available however preference will be given to candidates who have at least performed formulation as part of a University BSc or MSc / MChem project.
The roles also offer an early finish on a Friday. Interviews are imminent so please apply now to be considered.
- Responsible for supporting the execution of product development programs
- Supporting the completion of product development studies in accordance with statistically designed experiments
- Support of formulation and process development activities at all scales throughout site and working cross functionally to ensure successful completion
- Preparation and review of basic GMP related documentation (Protocols, reports, and quality documents), in accordance with current procedures
- Supporting manufacturing and technology transfer activities
- Procurement and release of development materials in accordance with current procedures, utilising site systems and software
- Providing information to support updates to management presentations as requested at scientific or project review meetings
- Support the completion of project tasks and timelines
- Track and close quality documentation on time
- Escalate any project issues in a timely manner
- Ensure that the correct GxP standards are followed
- Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives and activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Degree in a science related field, preferably with pharmaceutical formulation / process technology focus. Chemistry related degrees will also be considered with the relevant experience.
- Experience in pharmaceutical process development, formulation and working cross functionally is advantageous.
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, to resolve issues
- Ability to prioritise and make critical process decisions at short notice
For further details and to apply please contact Johnathan Miller at Russell Taylor Group.