Role: Product Safety Engineer (Electronic / Electrical) - Hazardous Locations
Location: Chester, UK - North West
Salary: Highly Competitive
Benefits: - Flexible working hours (adhering to core business hours), life assurance, pension scheme, after 6 months you will get access to private medical health insurance, discretionary bonus, cycle to work scheme, £200 per year towards fitness and health. After 1 years' service, further benefits are provided.
Russell Taylor Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Certification Engineer who has experience working to 60079-11 OR 60079-18,15 or 7 to join a Global Company based near Chester. You will provide high quality certification services which meets their clients' needs in the most efficient and effective manner possible, while ensuring safe products are available in the public marketplace. This activity requires interpretation of standards, processes, and procedures.
- Independently manage certification projects concurrently ensuring compliance with all applicable safety requirements achieving completion within time frames and cost deadlines. Evaluates products against requirements of the national / international standards and precedent decisions.
- Ensures all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines. Provides technical briefings on new and existing requirements.
- Handles a wide spectrum of projects including those that are complex within the agreed timescale and budget
- Reviews test data and reports and authorizes application of the company Mark. Prepares and / or signs Certification Reports and Certificates of Compliance.
- Provides client with assistance in solving problems / failures without divulging proprietary information.
- Evaluates and qualifies companies in the administration of Certification Programs. Reviews customer test methods and systems; reviews new / old product designs and all applicable documentation. Ensures all test equipment and quality procedures are within guidelines.
- Provides technical information service to external and internal customers including those forwarded by the Client Service Centre. Liaises with customer in design stage to ensure requirements of national / international standards are met without compromising confidentiality.
- Electrical/electronic or similar engineering degree or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of 60079-11 or 60079-18, 60079-15, 60079-7
- Working knowledge of UL and EIC Standards, specifically within the Hazardous Locations area
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills; customer service skills, able explain findings, test results and technical decisions to others, including customers and other engineers.
- Strong problem-solving ability; detail oriented
- Strong organizational, time and project management skills
- Able to work unsupervised, in a team-based work environment
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office)
- Experience with a variety of testing procedures and technical report writing
- Use of various lab equipment, instruments, and tools
- Experience of a variety of protection methods provided by the 60079 series of standards with a focus on intrinsic safety.