Production Chemist, Science Graduate
Type: 6 month FTC initially with a view of going permanent
Salary: Upto £22,000
Hours: Days, Monday - Friday (8.00 - 17.00)
Our Client, a multi sited Chemical/Medical Devices company is looking to recruit for a Production Chemist; the successful Candidate will be rewarded with a generous salary alongside the chance to use and development skills attained from their education. This company are growing organically and this is a great opportunity to become part of a successful team in a successful career.
Working as a key part of the production team (not lab based); jobs tasks include but not limited to:
- Non-hazardous and hazardous chemical handling
- Monitoring all reactor processes, including washing, filtration, drying, sieving processes
- Accurate batch labelling
- Issuing labels and associated documentation
- Follow instructions accurately and quickly
- Maintain records as required by the company Quality Manuals
- To operate production safely, vigilantly and in line with the "Quality System Management" as defined in our ISO 9001, ISO13485 and MDD registered quality systems, and also Environment Agency compliance according to instruction from Managers.
- To operate production according to the SOP and ensuring all production staff comply.
- Ensuring a clean and tidy working environment at all times and to manage the factory floor personnel and equipment and "trouble shooting" day-to-day issues.
- Reporting plant faults. Taking steps to repair plant faults as per the instruction of a Production Manager or other Senior Manager.
- To advise on the technical aspects of production at the plant, including chemical health and safety, possible improvements to plant etc.
- To use in-house company QC databases, manufacturing (SAP) databases & records as required.
- To maintain raw material CoSHH and Health & Safety files for all materials used.
- To support the Managers and other senior staff as required and when requested.
- Will hold a Scientific qualification; minimum BTEC or a HND HNC
- Will have a 'can do' attitude and be willing to be flexible in terms of working in various production settings
- Will have strong interpersonal skills and be able to contribute effectively in a team