Production Design Engineer (Retail Displays Manufacturer)
£25,000 - £28,000 DOE
We are thrilled to be EXCLUSIVELY for our client, a successful manufacturing business who specialise in designing, drawing and manufacturing of some of the most incredible retail displays featured ion most of our favourite high-street stores. During the pandemic they have continued to support their highly valued client base by switching an element of their manufacturing to bespoke screening, adding to the safety and well being of our Retail front-line workers. It is due to their increased success that we are now looking for a Design Engineer (CAD 2D & 3D) to join the business in their production team in London.
If you want to work for a company where your skills will be well utilised and with the promise of a long and exciting career, this is the role for you!!
Your new role is detailed below and the link to apply beneath.
Key Skills Required To Be Successful In Your New Role
* Understanding of manufacturing processes for various substrates.
Strong eye and good attention to detail
* Professional user on Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Work on own initiative and ability to work under pressure including being proactive in identifying concerns, exploring and planning solutions.
* Strong team player but also having the ability and confidence to work alone.
Previous Experience Required For Your Role
Trained to degree standard in a creative/technical field, product design, and design engineering or similar.
Experience in the design industry would be beneficial
Your Main Responsibilities Will Be:
* Manage all requests coming into the Engineering Department to determine the work required to complete this.
* Ensure full kit list for in house manufacture.
* Build full BOM with full drawings packs for in-house manufacture.
* Modifying and maintaining BOMs using Product Data Management software
Your Role Overview
* Adding all coding for internal manufacture purposes.
The Production Engineer would analyse the drawing and apply to correct codes based on material specification.
* Structuring Raw Materials
The Production Engineer would analyse the drawing and structure the correct material.
* Routing and Processing Data
The Production Engineer would analyse the drawing and add the routing information based on the material. They would then use the formulas that are used in estimating to create the run/setup times that will now need to be included in LV. For assembly estimates, the Production Engineer can liaise with the Assembly Manager and Team Leaders to ascertain a time.
* Packing Specification and Structure.
The drawing specification would be sent to the supplier (LGA) and the Production Engineer would liaise directly with them to build the specification. They would then create the associated part numbers and structure them to the job.
* Instruction sheets
Based on the requirements by the customer, instruction sheets and instruction sheet views can be created by the Production Engineer and supplied to the graphics department. There may be cases where the Engineer would also have to assist in this. Part numbers can be created by the Production Engineer and added to the structures.
* Packing List
Based on the requirements by the customer and the BOM, packing lists can be created by the Production Engineer role and added to the structure.
* Sample Sheets and Prototyping
If an internally manufactured sample unit is required, the Production Engineer would analyse the drawing data and BOM, and place the appropriate sample sheets required to build a unit. This would also include liaising with Engineering Development Manager. The Engineering Team would also be to request sample sheets from the Production Engineer if particular testing is required.
The Production Engineer, having decided on the route for components going through manufacturing, would create programs for the machines specified in the routes.
* £25,000 - £28,000 DOE
* Mon-Thur 8:30 - 17:00 (Early Finish Friday - 15:30)
* 25 Days Annual Leave
* Death in Service Benefit
* Health Care
Please click on the link ensuring all your details and contact number are up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application
Manufacturing Divisional Manager