Production Draughtsperson / Design Engineer - CAD (Construction Manufacturing)
An exciting new position has become available with our global construction manufacturing and contracting client for a Production Draughtsperson to work in their fast paced Design Team and to play a pivotal role in the supply of marketing leading products into the technically demanding facade market within the UK, Europe and across the rest of the world.
The successful individual will be working as part of a small motivated team liaising with individuals across multiple departments and sites within the business. They will report daily to the team project manager.
Your Key Responsibilities
The role requires the generation of production drawings of a variety of products based upon standardised products and systems or bespoke details to a customers requirements. The candidate will be working from order forms and drawings provided by our clients. The role requires the use of Solidworks 3D modelling software.
The person will be required to gain an in-depth knowledge of the products being produced and will be expected to liaise regularly with Production. There will be opportunities to assist the development team with innovative methods of working to streamline the order processing.
The key KPI's for the role are ensuring details are issued in-line with the project programme and ensuring that the information provided is clear, concise and correct first time.
As our successful candidate you will possess the following skills and experience:
* The role would suit someone with experience of working in a design office supporting a production environment, ideally from within a fabrication company.
* 3D CAD experience is essential. Ideally utilising Solidworks to create sheetmetal parts. The candidate should be experienced in the standard Microsoft Office software suite.
* The ability to accurately interpret a customer's requirements and a conscientious method of working along with the ability to work to tight deadlines are essential skills.
* Educated to HNC/BTEC level in an Engineering or Construction related subject would be beneficial.
* £35,000 plus 10% annual bonus
* Monday to Thursday 8.15am - 5.00pm / Friday 4.00pmfinish
* 24 days plus all bank holidays
* Competitive pension contributions
Please click on the link to apply ensuring all of your contact details are up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager