Production Engineer working for a large Manufacturing firm in the Oil & Gas sector. The Engineer will provide engineering support for production and maintenance activities to ensure maximum production.
- Identify and investigate process improvement opportunities, keeping up to date with new plant and equipment developments and identify and manage suppliers.
- Specify plant and equipment then provide cost justification to the business. Layout and design production units, run capital expenditure projects, install and commission equipment, document, train team and sign off production process
- Take manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture.
- Issue permits to work to subcontractors for in factory activities
- Ensure plant, equipment & processes meet health, safety and environmental legislative requirements
- Conduct plant, equipment and process risk assessments.
- Write work instructions, quality standards and manufacturing procedures
- Train operatives in the safe use of plant and equipment.
- Provide consultancy support to Production, Projects, Design, Sales and R&D Departments.
Candidates will ideally have 5+ years experience in a smiliar position.