Leading manufacturer that products are used worldwide in sectors such as irrigation and emergency humanitarian aid. As they continue year on year growth, they are seeking to hire an experienced Production Manager who will be responsible for managing and increasing our output whilst maintaining high standards of quality and customer service.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Implementation, development and improvement of production plan, including stock and materials control.
- Manage all manufacturing, scheduling and planning functions within the factory to ensure that production output is achieved to meet weekly, monthly and annual targets.
- Set targets for output, quality, on-time delivery & efficiency for the manufacturing team on a group & individual level.
- Manage the production team to deliver a high standard of workmanship to timescales.
- Identify training needs within production team and overseeing recruitment for new positions where necessary.
- Ensure Health & Safety requirements of the production area are in accordance with Company policy & procedure and that the security of the building and stock are maintained.
- Develop and maintain minimum stock levels keeping stock control systems up to date and ensure inventories are accurate.
- Oversee the purchase and maintenance of production equipment.
- Develop and maintain relationships with new and current suppliers to ensure effective ordering processes.
- Attend regular production meetings with appropriate personnel from sales and senior management to ensure production schedules are effectively communicated.
- Ensure the efficient coordination of the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant production management experience in an industrial environment.
- Substantial experience & knowledge of engineering production methods.
- Commercial & business acumen with experience of man management & the ability to motivate & empower the workforce.
- Working within a management systems environment. (ISO 9001, ISO TS16949, ISO 14001 & OHSAS 18001).
- Practical experience of at least one of the following disciplines; sheet metalwork, machining, fitting & assembly, welding & metal treatments.
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Hardworking and flexible to the business needs.
- The ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems.
- A good standard of general and technical education with proven written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of operating a warehouse