Salary £40 - £50k
Monday to friday days
My Client a highly successful manufacturing business based in Liverpool is looking for an experienced Production manager with a manufacturing and production background who can utilise their skillset across several manufacturing processes in order to optimise efficiency and cost. This is a high status position with real opportunity to progress into higher level roles.
The successful candidate must have experience managing a team of engineers and will have experience working to ISO 9001, within a manufacturing environment and ideally within the automotive industry. This role is a key lead in the business you will be responsible for driving improvement, implementing best practice, developing people, processes and measurable performance indicators.
We are looking for someone who can demonstrate their ability to deliver change and has experienced this within more than one operation. The successful candidate will be a hands on individual who can demonstrate their knowledge of different business cultures, different manufacturing environments and processes.
- To ensure all production is planned efficiently in line with set targets and deadlines.
- To ensure that all work is carried out in a safe manner in compliance with the Company's Health & Safety Policy and Procedures.
- To ensure that all Company quality parameters and procedures are complied with and thatAll products manufactured meet the required standards and specifications.
- To take an active role in continuously developing the job holder's skills and knowledgeThrough self-development activities.
- To respond to ad hoc requests and/or take an active role in specific projects.
- To support policies and procedures relating to improving Health & Safety, Quality, absenteeism, stock issues/accuracy etc.
- Attend cross functional working team meetings to encourage teamwork and ensure productivity targets are met.
- Support the Supervisors and Senior Operatives in their daily duties.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Adaptable with experience in running a batch production plant
- Experience with production scheduling on a computer based system is essential.
- Degree or HNC in Mechanical Engineering
- Time served experience in a Manufacturing & Production Environment
My client offer a variety of company benefits including a Group Pension Scheme, free Corporate Eyecare, Childcare Vouchers, Death in Service Benefit Scheme, Discount Vehicle Insurance, Halfords discount and free car parking.
Employees have a dedicated canteen area where they can go to relax during break and lunch times.
If you feel you have the experience required for this role please click the link to apply