Russell Taylor are proud to offer this amazing opportunity to work for our client who is a leading UK Designer & Global Electrical Manufacturer as a Production Manager. Our Clients focus is on its guiding principles; innovation, quality, reliability, collaboration & fulfilment. They are also passionate in continuously being committed to delivering a great company ethos and has a real passion to develop their employees.
Your role as the Production manager will be to work closely with the Operations Director and Technical Department to improve and develop the manufacturing process, by looking at the cycle times to affectively deliver sustainable productivity improvement to make sure that all products are produced to a high standard and delivered to Clients OTIF.
If this sounds like the next exciting career opportunity, details of your new role are below.
Your new role as Production Manager will involve:
- Overseeing the production department including all quality control
- To directly manage and develop the production team leaders
- Provide realistic production schedules and identify average lead time
- Plan for material needs in accordance with sales forecasts and order book
- Oversee H&S within manufacturing operations.
- Understand how production, H&S fit within the organisation's future development plans.
- Improve the level of multi skill/multi role staff available within the department.
- Carry out H&S risk assessments, update and enforce H&S policy, and provide adequate training to staff.
- Review the overall team and individual staff performance within the department.
- Encourage and enforce adherence to company rules.
- Motivate, effectively manage and encourage the production team.
- Identify areas for improvement within operational manufacturing.
- Identify areas where cost could be reduced.
- Identify requirements for HR.
- Implement systems for increasing production efficiency.
- Monitor manufacturing materials stock levels.
- Monitor manufacturing consumables stock levels.
- Ensure consumables are replenished as required.
- Develop systems to simplify complex processes.
- Encourage staff to improve the culture within the department and to take ownership of their role.
- Deal with disciplinary issues and escalate to senior staff as required.
- Provide updated works instructions as part of on-going improvements.
- Monitor plant and machinery, and organise maintenance and repairs as needed.
- Communicate effectively across all departments.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- Be a real team player and have a "Hands on" approach to within the production team
- Team working skills - ability to build and motivate a team to achieve the production objectives
- Be Confidence to lead a team and give directions to team members.
- Hold Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Technical skills - Having an understanding of the Electrical components within a manufacturing process
- Experience in creating production schedules and managing resource levels.
- Experience in producing and providing training material.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Be Enthusiastic and self-driven.
- An Excellent communicator in both written and verbal.
- IT and numerical skills.
- Understanding of the greater organisational structure.
- Understanding of the financial impact of decisions made.
The Benefits of your New Role when offered the Perm contract
- Monday to Friday 8:30 till 5pm
- 21 days holiday + bank holidays
- Shutdown for Christmas
- Access to all onsite facilities including Canteen
- Contributory pension scheme
- Adhoc Company lunches supplied when targets are met