Production Manager (Chemicals)
Our Client is a global Chemical Manufacturing giant who are investing heavily in their business and they are seeking a high-calibre Production Manager with a Chemical Engineering background to join their team and help the business continue to thrive
- Provide leadership, management and strategic direction to Site and Production Department, ensuring that products are manufactured and dispatched safely and reliably, meeting targets for quality, and driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
- Will be accountable for meeting budgetary targets, production and dispatch KPI's, and ensuring that all operations are conducted safely, meeting statutory requirements for personal safety, process safety, health and environmental standards.
- Will be expected to provide technical leadership to the site, drive professional development of production department, and effectively communicate to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct reports will include three line managers (two production shifts and a warehouse/dispatch team), Project Leader and a Production Engineer.
- Will be deputy to Plant Manager, including acting on his/her behalf when not on site.
- Accountable for safety performance of site
- Directly responsible for management of Production Department
- Will be a technical leader
- Ensures that cost management systems and cost improvement projects are in place and properly used in order to maintain a low cost, high efficiency, competitive position
Candidates require the following:
- Management experience in chemical manufacturing required
- Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Demonstrated leadership skills in managing change
- General working knowledge of plant engineering, quality assurance practices, safety and environmental management.
- Excellent listening, coaching and communication skills
- Knowledge in international safety regulations, familiar with process safety management systems, including MOC system, technical aspects of process safety, risk assessments.