Production Manager (Top Tier COMAH Chemical Manufacturing)
We are excited to be recruiting for a Production Manager for our client, a hugely successful and dynamic business who are engaged in the development, manufacture and distribution of chemicals for Personal Care, Household Care and Industrial applications.
This is a brand new role for the business and will report directly in to the Supply Chain Director as they look forward to an exciting future with plans to grow the business dramatically over the next 5 years.
Your Job Role Overview
You will provide manufacturing leadership and strategic direction to site operations, ensuring that all products are manufactured and despatched safely and on schedule whilst meeting all targets for quality, environmental compliance, also driving a culture of accountability and continuous improvement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure 100% compliance with all HSE and regulatory requirements across the site.
- Be responsible and accountable for challenging, agreeing and ensuring the safe execution and delivery of the manufacturing schedule generated by the Production & Materials Planning Coordinator.
- Be directly responsible for day to day management of all production personnel, inventory/picking team and engineering team. Five direct reports made up of three shift leaders, one inventory coordinator and the engineering manager.
- Be responsible and accountable for meeting budgetary targets, production KPIs (such as OEE), dispatch KPI's, and ensuring that all site manufacturing operations are conducted safely, meeting all statutory requirements for personal safety, process safety, health and environmental standards.
- Ensure that effective cost controls and cost improvement projects are established in order to drive, support and maintain a low cost, high efficiency, competitive business position
- Provide technical leadership to the site, drive professional development and competency within the operations department, and effectively communicate and influence both internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a prime contact for the Competent Authority (HSE and EA)
- Lead the identification and tracking of all actual and potential production losses and manage a team approach to understanding root causes in order to improve OEE levels on site.
- Identify improvements in areas of plant reliability and variable costs and lead the implementation of these in plant operations through the development of procedures, systems and training
- Maintain high levels of hygiene and housekeeping compliance across the whole site.
- Act as Incident Controller on-site and be a part of the emergency response team
- Act as leader for all investigations into production NCRs.
- Develop new and improve existing SOP's for the areas of responsibility which will include manufacturing, engineering and logistics.
- Act as lead support for operations led project improvements
- Complete any other adhoc activities as deemed applicable by the business.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar management role, leading a manufacturing team and working within a hazardous environment
- Technical / Engineering degree, preferably in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering (ideally with chartered status)
- Experience of working within a highly regulated (ideally Top Tier COMAH) environment
- A good understanding of EHS and specifically process safety within a high hazard environment is essential
- A good working knowledge of batch plant engineering and associated maintenance systems.
- People management experience in chemical manufacturing and excellent team working skills
- A track record of managing change in a dynamic 24-hour environment.
- Excellent listening, coaching and communication skills
- A working appreciation of QHSE management systems
- Knowledge of international safety regulations, familiar with process safety management systems,(including PTW and MOC systems), technical aspects of process safety, risk assessments.
- A critical attention to detail.
- NEBOSH National Certificate or IOSH Managing Safely certificate
- Experience of implementing new ways of working using an ERP system.
- Familiarity with managing a COMAH safety report
- Track record of developing, mentoring and training people
- Competitive package
- Great transport link and access to local amenities
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension contributions
Please click on the link to apply ensuring that your contact details and CV are fully updated.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager