Russell Taylor are proud to offer this amazing opportunity for a Production Manager. We are currently looking for a Production Manager with a strong engineering Production background, who is passionate about Health & safety and a desire to overachieve. Are client has a fantastic opportunity for someone to join them at the start of some very exciting growth plans.
In Your new role as Production Manager:
You will be responsible for leading the production team across all areas of the Engineering shop floor. You will be focusing on the daily management of the production environment with an emphasis on Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
You're Duties will be:
- Leading Daily/Weekly meetings across the shop floor.
- To work with your team and support and develop employees when needed.
- To ensure work is carried out within the allocated times and to the highest quality.
- Drive shop floor efficiencies.
- Provide key Production inputs to business planning meetings to support financial targets.
- Actively participates in projects to achieve company goals and implement solutions.
- Support the Business Development and Engineering teams for prospective bids by advising on any impacts to, and capabilities of Production.
- Support staff development through identification of skill gaps and promote multiskilling.
- Manage and set targets for supervisors. + Motivate and encourage team to achieve company targets.
- Develop 5S/Lean processes throughout the production area.
- Manage, implement and support Continuous Improvement projects with MRP data analysis. Skills and Experience
What experience and Qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree/HND/HNC in management or engineering
- Experience in a Production Management role within a people led environment.
- Lean Manufacturing & 5S.
- Strong Leadership & People Management.
- Problem Solving/Root Cause Corrective Action.
- Computer Literate (MRP, MS Office).
- Understanding of Engineering
- Understanding of ISO/BSI Audit Qualifications
- Weekdays 08:00 - 16:30 with a 13:00 Finish on a Friday
- 25 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
- Christmas Shutdown
- Healthcare and Dental cover
- Employer Pension contribution up to 6%
- Childcare Voucher Scheme
- Access to all on-site facilities