Are you looking for a new opportunity that will offer you an incredible and rewarding challenge? Do you want to work for an up and coming SME business where your opinions and experience will be fully utilised and systems/processes will be implemented? Would you like to join a business where in the next 18 months will see you recruit your own team?
If YES... this could be the exact role and company for you.
Production Manager (FMCG & Packaging Manufacturing)
This role is based within our clients vertically integrated Production Facility near Cheshire and has the following main responsibilities:-
* Lead our production facility and oversee all integral activities
* Oversee the production planning, production process and cost effectiveness
* Monitor production standards and ensure a positive food safety culture
* Liaise with all relevant departments and work together towards continuous improvement
* Ensure health and safety is at the heart of everything we do
* Supervise and motivate the workforce
* Review performance of employees and identify training needs
* Resource planning and ensure that every activity is planned with improved productivity
* Ensuring cost effective production and identify areas for improvements
* Responsible for the selection of capital equipment and proposing capex projects
* Calculating Return of Investment on projects and ensuring any investment has a positive ROI and efficient paybacks
* Be the main point of contact for anything to do with production and liaising with relevant suppliers as and when required
* Manage and lead the workforce effectively and always promote a productive and working together culture
* Always improving our production processes and ensuring that 'the customer' is at the heart of everything that we do.
* Always willing to go the extra mile and seeing all challenges as improvement opportunities.
* Creating and implementing Key Performance indicators (KPIs) and regular reporting
* Develop Short Interval Controls within the production facility, and ensuring a continuous improvement culture.
As the successful candidate you will need to have an excellent understanding of food manufacturing and will come on board bringing all of your extensive experience in managing a growing production facility, producing 1000+ SKUs.
You will have the willingness to challenge working practices and ensure that you are being seen as a leader.
Your Immediate Responsibilities will be:
1. Immediately take over the day to day management and leadership of our production facility
2. Review our current working practices and trigger improvements at proliferated pace.
3. Develop effective working relationships with the key resources in the business.
4. Improve our production planning to improve 'out of stocks' and also manage stock levels.
5. Partner with Commercial, NPD, Technical and Operations colleagues and developing effective working relationships
6. Work with our Head of Operations in identifying better ways of working and implement a 'continuous improvement' culture
7. Improving accountability across existing direct reports and the workforce and ensuring that there is positive engagement across the business
8. Challenging operating procedures and prevent 'sloppiness' by taking necessary actions
9. Ensuring that we produce 'food safe' products in a safe environment
10. Working with our HR team to improve policies and working procedures
Your Previous Experiences to be successful in this role:
1. Clear and proven experience as a Production Manager within a food FMCG environment.
2. Proven experience and a great track record about excelling in key functions
3. Strong knowledge in process improvement and standardisation
4. Highly organised and excellent verbal and written skills
5. Excellent relationship building skills and ability to influence at various levels
6. Ability to multi-task and deliver to deadlines
7. Ability to lead and motivate, and challenge as required
8. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
9. Experience in the development and implementation of SOPs. (Standard Operating Procedures)
10. Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadline and manage changing priorities
11. Proven ability to be a flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment
12. Willingness to work occasionally outside normal business hours, when required.
13. Experience of working in an E-Commerce vertically integrated business
* Monday to Friday 9-5 (some flexibility for travel purposes)
* 25 days annual leave
* Pension Scheme
* Incredible rewards and schemes to join
* Full F&Bs will be disclosed following a successful interview.
Please click on the link to apply. I look forward to receiving your details.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager