Production Manager (FMCG Manufacturing)
Chester / Deeside / Flint
Are you an experienced Man-Managing, LEAN driven Production Manager looking for a new opportunity?
Are you passionate about OTIF Delivery, possess strong MRP exposure and have worked in a CI focussed role?
If yes then we could have the perfect role for you.
Our client is on a fantastic journey of growth and we are exclusively working with them to find someone who can continue this success and be a core member of their management team.
If this sounds like the next role for you in your career please read all about your new role and then click on the link at the bottom to apply!
Your new role as Production Manager:
To manage and lead your direct reports in the day-to-day operations of the company's manufacturing facilities, ensuring all manufacturing operations feed effectively into the production lines and out to despatch and meet our clients expected on time and agreed delivery agreements and delivering the required profit margins to the business.
Manage and be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing facilities, ensuring all manufacturing and production jobs and associated activities are completed in accordance with the build plan.
Your Duties will be:
* Providing timely updates to the Operations Manager covering current or forecast production issues that may impact resources, requiring either an increase or decrease (or reallocation) of capacity.
* Maintaining production schedules and empowering your team leaders to be accountable for development and execution under your guidance and instructions.
* Ensuring that factory capacity is maintained at the necessary levels considering staff Holidays, sickness and other absence cover you may need throughout the year.
* Managing lead times in consideration of capacity and optimal use of resources. To work with your team, support and develop employees when needed.
* Manage the purchasing and planning department effectively to ensure they are planning in work the correct way based on purchasing lead times of raw materials into the factory and daily updates are inputted into the system.
* Listen and Drive all Health and Safety requirements and initiatives that the Health & Safety team require for best practice and zero harm vison.
* Always follow and engage with the quality and conformity departments to ensure we adhere to customer and client expectations of our finished products.
* Continuously assessing production workloads via hourly line checks through your department Team Leaders.
* Be accountable for driving the Company's processes, policies, procedures, objectives and goals within the factory ensuring your staff take responsibility for their actions.
* Lead daily production meetings with your manufacturing team to discuss upcoming manufacturing expectations and any items that may be raised for discussion by staff.
* Ensure all staff training is completed and continuously updated.
* Manage and develop your staff through PDR's and other performance management tools that are available to you.
* Take a keen interest in the personal development of your team leaders at all levels and create a best practice culture that empowers your team leaders to manage their relevant departments with confidence.
* Engage, inspire, and motivate your team; takes control of situations and applies critical thinking to ensure best outcome for the company and client; effectively allocates resources and manages personnel.
What Experience you will need
* 3+ years Production Management Experience
* Experience and Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
* Sound knowledge of MRP
* Strong Leadership & People Management.
* Problem Solving/Root Cause Corrective Action.
* Computer Literate (MRP, MS Office).
* CAPEX knowledge and ability to contribute with presentations and value stream mapping.
* Able to read CAD drawings
* Effective written communication skills including report writing.
* Able to focus on cost control and efficiency.
* Ability to handle pressure and assess and allocate priorities.
* Weekdays 07:00 - 16:00 with a 12:00 Finish on a Friday
* £42,000 P/A
* 24 Days Holiday plus Bank Holiday
* Employer Pension contribution up to 3%
* Onsite parking
* Employee Discount
* Access to all on-site facilities
Manufacturing, Manager, Production, Quality, Cost, Assembly, LEAN, KANBAN, 8D, KAIZEN, 5/6s, TIMWOODS, DMAIC, 7 Wastes, IOSH, Six Sigma green belt, planning, facilities, Operations, MRP, BOM, CAD.
Please click on the link to apply ensuring that all of your details are thoroughly up to date and correct.
I look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Division Manager