Looking to recruit a Production Planning for a FMCG operation based in Preston.
Position is to plan manufacturing and packing schedules in line with sales forecasts ensuring
that the optimum level of stock is maintained and SOP & GMP principles are followed
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information and reports for Team Leaders,
- To operate and maintain the planning system software in use for the manufacture and packing of bulk and finished goods.
- To formulate packing and manufacturing schedules on a weekly and monthly basis to maintain the finished goods stocks.
- Plan and monitor stock levels to ensure stock is maintained at an agreed level and value.
- To calculate material requirements and communicate these to the Buyer so that they can be purchased at least 3 months in advance.
- To produce short, medium and long term utilisation figures for all packing and manufacturing equipment.
- To generate and check product artwork, inc' own label, as required
- To liaise with the Buyer, Sales, Technical and Operations as a whole, to ensure the production schedules are maintained.
- To communicate well with the Buyer to ensure requirements are understood.
To be flexible and adaptable and assist other team members as required to help ensure targets are met. Our Client is looking for a contract but with a view to have potential permanent role as the business continuous to grow year on year.