We are proud to offer the opportunity to work for a globally recognised Packaging Manufacturer and market leader in their sector. This role as a Production Planner would be suited to you if you are a well organised individual with a passion and flare for improving efficiencies within the supply chain to ensure customer satisfaction and that all orders are OTIF. Would you like to work for a forward thinking company that continuously striving to improve? Would you like to be part of a team working together to not only fulfil the clients need but to make it's a smooth, hassle-free solution? As the production Planner you will be responsible for ensuring all goods manufactured are produced in a cost effective way, meeting the required quality specification and ensure that all goods are ready to distribute to customers on time in full.
Your new role as Production Planner will involve:
- To develop the production schedule encompassing all elements and completion dates in order to meet the expected delivery date.
- Coordinate with the customers, supplier's, internal teams, departments and employees to ensure all components are in place to ensure on time in full delivery are available.
- Approving materials, costs, equipment and labour demand to support the fulfilment of the sales budget.
- The cost control monitoring and reporting of all production and raw material costs and meeting the budget targets for stock levels
- Monitoring the conformance to plan and schedule are adhered to.
- Maintaining all documents and records pertaining to the production planning.
- Preparing the reports regarding the production processes in order to positively influence improvement in performance and recommendations to improve for Senior Management.
- Run complex reports/ statistical data, and make recommendations to senior teams that will positively influence operational performance.
To be successful in your new role you will have:
- Have a strong understanding of Production & Supply Planning.
- To have previously worked with lead times up to 12 weeks.
- Previous experience and working knowledge of modern ERP Systems and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel).
- Understand supply chains, and in particular an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing process.
- Planning and organisational skills, be able to plan ahead, complete tasks on time and to the standard required.
- Have experience of resourcing for production plans (including inbound logistics, machine capacity and performance, labour requirements etc).
- Excellent verbal and written communication, able to liaise with all departments on the business, suppliers and customers.
- Have excellent organisation skills, be able to problem solve and drive innovation and improvement in the operational process.
- Be confidant, decisive and demonstrates the ability to make decisions where necessary taking into consideration all relevant and available information.
- Be a task orientated individual, a completer finisher.
- Have the ability to remain calm and objective when working under pressure
- Beneficial but not essential would be previous experience of ERP implementation.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Full use of on-site Canteen
- Pension contribution of 3% - moving to 4% in 2019
- Discounted Gym membership (with Pool)