Russell Taylor are proud to be recruiting exclusively on behalf of our client, a globally renowned manufacturing organisation for a Production Planner. It will be YOUR role to maintain coordination between the sales input, production realisation and the despatch output focusing on achieving OTIF and a competitive transport cost.
We are looking for someone like YOU who has demonstrated a strong Supply Chain experience, who has not only planned production but also has been involved is controlling and monitoring stock levels, working with the production team in order to meet the needs of the organisation and delivering products to the customers OTIF, achieving and exceeding client expectations where possible. This role will promise you challenge, development and the opportunity to become a highly integral part of the supply chain team.
If this sounds like a role that you could quickly excel in please click on the link to apply!!
Your New Role
- To review the sales order intake, plan and program of the work centres accordingly.
- To monitor work flow through the individual manufacturing departments through communication with the Supervisors.
- To liaise with Supervisors to help resolve any issues relating to prioritisation.
- Support the Customer Service and Purchasing function with information relating to production activity.
- Print and issue works orders to enable the manufacturing plans to be realised, whilst facilitating the transfer of this activity to the Cell Leader.
- Tracking of stock through production areas ERP/MRP.
- Use cost effective stock management initiatives for factory production schedules, ensuring the customer meets their targets whilst minimising stock holdings where possible.
- Achieve agreed Customer Service levels.
- Provide forward vision of capacity constraints.
- Support Supply Chain Manager with input of demand forecast.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling stock levels within the Stores.
- Working closely with the purchasing department and production department, the jobholder will help to facilitate correct stock levels through the provision of accurate information.
The right candidate must have a flexible approach to work and hours, the ability to quickly integrate with all levels of the business, confidence and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
Skills you require to be successful in your new role:
- A minimum of 2 years working in a Production Planning role within Manufacturing
- Strong communication skills are essential in both Written and Verbal
- Well organised and methodical, working to a high level of detail
- Accomplished MS Office systems knowledge, especially in MS Excel
- Must demonstrate cooperative, positive 'can do' attitude with strong work ethic and ability to work to deadlines
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Previous experience of a ERP/MRP system, AX Dynamics experience advantageous
- Training and development opportunities
- Pension contribution of 4%
- Flexible Working between core Hours are 8:00 to 17:00 - Monday to Friday
- 40 hour working week required