Production Planner (Manufacturing)
£24,000 - £26,000 depending on experience.
Guaranteed Bonus in addition.
We are looking for an experienced Production Planner for our client who are a global manufacturing business and a leader in their field. Due to rapid expansion plans and business already forecasted until 2025, this role is an urgent requirement to join the Production Team, make an immediate impact as well as give you time to train on all internal systems before things get really busy towards the summer months!
With this client not only comes the opportunity to work for a market-leader but also to join a business that promotes continual career development.
Your Key Accountabilities
* Responsible for efficient scheduling of 40 machines within the production areas, ensuring orders are made to meet customer requirements within current planning structure.
* Responsible for distribution of customer orders across the Division providing efficient, cost effective production under the direction of the Divisional Planning Manager.
* Provide accurate daily and weekly volumes with capacity information for divisional reporting.
* Liaison, communication and cooperation with other UK & European plants to prioritise orders.
* Provide accurate scheduling information for the daily "Production / Transport" meetings.
* Daily liaison with the other members of the planning team for sales order status to ensure orders are available for efficient production, loading and delivery for all planned products.
* Regular & timely communication to all parties regarding updated schedules if orders are impacted or delayed.
* Provide holiday cover for other Planning functions within the Planning Department structure within Sherburn.
The above list is not exhaustive, and any further duties and projects considered to be in the capability of the job-holder may be requested
Your Background and Key Skills
* Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
* Good working knowledge of Excel
* Able to demonstrate an ability to work on own initiative, under pressure and successfully meet deadlines.
* Must possess the organisational skills and ability to effectively manage short term finite scheduling and long-term forecasting of volume demand in a fast turn round environment.
* Strong mathematical skills and attention to detail
* Flexible working approach to ensure daily workload completed and deadlines met
Qualifications and Experience
* A minimum of 2 years experience within a Production Planning role
* Experience of construction or similar based industry would be an advantage
* Proficient with AutoCAD (desireable) and Microsoft Office (essential). 3D Drawing experience would be preferred but not essential as full training will be given.
* £24,000 - £26,000 with a guaranteed bonus on top
* Monday to Thursday 8.15 - 4.30pm Friday 8.15 - 3.55pm
Flexibility on early starts or late finishes will be needed due to production scedules
* Contributionary Pension
* 24 Days annual leave plus the bank holidays