Production Planner - North Wales £28,000 - £32,000 (DOE)
We are recruiting exclusively for our client based in North Wales, a successful packaging manufacturer who, due to further expansion and exciting times of acquisitions, are looking to grow their production team with a new Production Planner. We are looking for an ambitious individual who has previous production planning experience and has worked with SAP as their MRP System. This role is fast paced, no one day is the same and you would be working for a business who appreciate their staff and who will ultimately offer career development and progression.
Are you looking for an opportunity like this? If yes, read below about your new role and how to apply!
Your New Role
In your new role as our Production Planner will be responsible for the scheduling of the production processes to ensure that all customer orders will be ready in time for shipment with the minimum amount of cost, ensuring capacity is maintained in line with business requirements through efficient utilisation of equipment and planning of material availability and that customer requirements are met / exceeded. Our aim is to ensure OTIF is as close to 100% as possible.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Generate manufacturing schedules and taking ownership of materials management process, contributing to capacity plans and managing day to day planning issues
- Attending morning production meetings held on a daily basis
- Reviewing and managing work orders in line with manufacturing capacity
- Managing and controlling material movement processes
- Collaborating internally with production, departmental managers, engineering and quality to assess progress and any changes required
- Monitoring the ongoing production capacity requirements against S&OP planning
- Generating and communicating production plans and reviewing within a 8-12 week period
- Maintaining all information on to the SAP ERP system
- 3 years experience working within a fast paced manufacturing organisation as a Production or Materials Planner (Packaging, FMCG or Chemicals background would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of MRP Systems, preferably SAP
- Excellent communication skills, exceptional attention to detail and a good level of computer literacy is essential
- Working hours are Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Additional to be confirmed at 'offer' stage
Please click on the link to apply ensuring your contact information is correct and that your CV is fully up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager