An exciting position for a Production Shift Manager has just come up in the Wigan Area. We are currently looking for someone who has a background in manufacturing who is exciting to take on this fast paced opportunnity to work for this fantastic company.
As Shift manager you will assume full responsibility for around 55 - 60 personnel across all production areas on a rotating shift basis. You will be robust and consistent in your approach to meeting the business needs. You will actively promote a cultural change and continually seek to improve our practices. You will improve effectiveness and efficiencies in labour, equipment use and health & safety.
Your new role:
- Ensure that all staff are trained to carry out tasks
- Deal with poor performance in a constructive way
- Ensure our customers always receive the best quality products
- Monitor and reduce waste generation
- Analyse equipment downtime to identify improvement opportunities and liaise with the Maintenance team using the Shop floor on line system (SFOL);
- Collate all production sheets to track line performance and work with team leaders to improve where possible;
- Ensure the production figures, labour recovery and labour transfer information are recorded and added to the system on a shift by shift basis;
Qualitys we are looking for in you:
- A Problem Solver
- An Effective Communicator
- Technically Competant
If you have a background in manufacturing and are looking for a team leader positon in a FMCG environment, please apply below. Interveiws will be held very soon.