Production Shift Manager (Packaging Manufacturing)
Russell Taylor are proudly representing a global manufacturer, who deliver their high quality product's into high end retailer partners such as House of Fraser, Debenhams and Dunelm Mill. They are looking for an experienced and motivating Production Shift Manager for their site in Wigan, to help support the business in their exciting time of growth and expansion.
In your new role as the Production Shift Manager you will be expected to;
- Ensure that all staff are trained to carry out tasks, recording competencies on the staff training matrix;
- Liaise with any Agency provider to seek replacements when required;
- Effectively communicate team and line targets, review them regularly to ensure that your shift is always operating at peak efficiency;
- Ensure our customers always receive the best quality products, you will drive this with each team leader to maintain a high-quality standard;
- Demand a clean and safe working environment from all employees; Continually look to improve the shift, supporting and leading a culture of continuous improvement in all areas;
- Deal with poor performance in a constructive way, promoting a culture of learning through failure and rectifying any issues you come across;
- Enforce a high level of discipline within your team, dealing with unacceptable behaviour in a fair and consistent manner and following the works rules at all times;
- Monitor and reduce waste generation;
- Record all substandard products using the Sub tracker, and assist in controlling all material usage;
- Analyse equipment downtime to identify improvement opportunities and liaise with the Maintenance team using the Shop floor on line system (SFOL);
- Collate all production sheets to track line performance and work with team leaders to improve where possible;
- Challenge processes and seek to always improve them;
- Work effectively with all other departments within the business to achieve and exceed company targets;
- Enforce company time and attendance procedure as per the works rules ensuring a fair and consistent approach is followed;
- Liaise and act on planning requirements at short notice to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Ensure the production figures, labour recovery and labour transfer information are recorded and added to the system on a shift by shift basis;
- Organise the labour requirement plan to match production requirements and skill sets of personnel;
- To maintain the smooth running of the production facility through pro-active engagement with all departments;
- To follow, manage and enforce the needle replacement procedure;
- To participate in ISO and Ethical audits as required and contributing to ensuring zero non- conformances;
- Participate in Health and Safety meetings;
- Ensure accident investigation procedures are followed and the documentation is completed;
- Plan and implement training as and when required for all employees and yourself.
To be successful in your new role you must be;
- Have a proactive approach to everything you do in relation to your work, ensuring that you are constantly aware of the business needs.
- Be a real people person and be able to manage a large number of staff.
- You must have a dynamic personality, be able to drive not only yourself, but everyone around you to ensure that the business never comes to a standstill.
- A keen problem solver, look and asses different situations and be able to figure out ways to improve and elevate any issues.
- You must be technical competent, ensuring you fully understand the manufacturing process and show competence with different systems.
- Be numerate and literate, to ensure strong communication throughout the business.
- Have a sound understanding of the current market and be commercially aware. Know the implications of your own and everyone else actions.
- Being a team player is a must for this business, be a person of the people.
- Although this role requires a people person, you must also be able to be assertive to ensure that deadlines and productivity targets are met.
- And last but certainly not least we are looking for a leader. Someone to take a hold of this position and truly help drive the business in the right direction.
Features and benefits of your new role;
- Salary of up to £37,000 per annum (shift allowance included)
- Rotating shift pattern from Monday to Friday (06:00-14:00 & 14:00-22:00)
- Holiday entitlement of 21 days + all bank holidays per annum
If you believe that this is your next role and you have the correct experience, I would love to speak to you as soon as possible. Please apply directly below and I will endeavour to give you a call when I can.
Manufacturing Divisional Manager