Production Manager/CI Manager (FMCG Manufacturing)
£45,000 + Competitive benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for a Production Manager with CI management experience to join our clients team based in Irlam, Manchester. Ideally you will be Green Belt Six Sigma qualified looking to work towards your Black Belt.
Our client is a well-established premier independent UK supplier of wine and spirits specialising in providing a complete category packaging solution.
As our clients new CI Production Manager you will have the perfect opportunity to have a direct impact with the improvement of the site based manufacturing performance.
You will have the unique opportunity to work within a newly created team responsible for the delivery of continuous improvement and process innovation. As a CI Manager you will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology and the supporting framework, to deliver business improvements.
Our client is currently undertaking a major site wide LEAN Manufacturing development plan and this role will be key in challenging the normal and improving the now. This role will balance stakeholder management with shop floor engagement as they deliver the strategy with a clear and concise method.
Your key responsibilities as our Continuous Improvement Manager will include:
* Identifying and delivering small and medium sized projects to assist in improving the day to day running of the manufacturing operation
* Identifying trends and process variations as part of establishing a continuous improvement monitoring system
* Recommending, supporting, and introducing improvement initiatives
* Coaching and implementing LEAN Manufacturing Principles, and championing, monitoring, and facilitating a team working/CI environment across the Manufacturing function to empower staff to identify and solve problems
* To work with key business stakeholders, and cross-functional 'LEAN champions', to build a continuous improvement environment to support an ongoing programme of change.
* Driving efficiency and productivity movements to reduce cost and maximise quality and availability to the customer
* Facilitating LEAN/process improvement-based teams to drive ideas and solutions
* Designing and overseeing site improvement projects.
* Developing and monitoring a continuous LEAN training programme that enhances department and people skills in line with IIP principles
* Championing and promoting a safety culture by proactively developing a safe working environment
* The preferred candidate will ideally be an Engineering graduate or similar with 5+ years Continuous Improvement experience in an FMCG environment
Previous Experience Required
* Minimum accredited LEAN Six Sigma Green Belt, preferably Black Belt
* Experience of coaching LEAN manufacturing techniques, with a proven record of achievement in a high volume production environment
* Excellent communication, motivational, analytical and planning skills are essential
* Be passionate about continuous improvement and developing an improvement culture
* Have the ability to manage multiple tasks under pressure
* Excellent IT skills - including Project, Visio, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
* Experience of SAP, MI/Data Analysis is desirable
Apply Via CV Submission or contact Mike Cairns on 07741260386 to discuss further.