To achieve Fabrics Processing requirements as per the program set by the Fabric Production Manager - Production in line with both Company and Customer needs.
* To provide cutting, pleating and inspection production figures for the department to the Fabric Production Manager.
* To liaise with Fabric Production Manager to plan cutting, pleating and inspection priorities and running order.
* To plan non-urgent work through all machines and inspection in date order.
* To organise batch sheets for all pre-coated bought in fabrics for inspection or processing.
* Responsible for all quality issue's raised within the department.
* To check and inform Q.C. of any error's or variants to existing procedures in the Cutting Book.
* To manage Senior Operatives on a day to day basis ensuring appropriate training is given and continuously evaluate their performance.
* To plan training and assessment of machine operatives, packers and inspectors.
* To effectively organise, plan, manage and monitor the fabric recovery area.
* To continuously review and assess the operational running of the machines in relation to specified instruction.
* To collate and check timesheets.
* To ensure fabric faults are correctly identified and any commission reject fabrics are sent to the correct location and samples obtained for the Technical Manager.
* To approve holiday requests and monitor/plan staffing levels to include temporary labour where required.
* To carrying out counselling, disciplinary hearings and periodic staff appraisals
* To review the departments training manuals and risk assessments annually or as a when a process changes.
* To ensure all sampling is carried out as specified
* To ensure all scanning is carried out as required
* To ensure stock is sent to correct area as determined by the stock balance report.
* You must adhere to the Company's Health & Safety standards as defined in the Health & Safety Policy and ensure that all who report to you also adhere to this policy.
* Perform within the requirements of your position and maintain the Company's Quality Procedures.
* Carry out any other duties when required by the Fabric Production Manager- Fabrics Production. This may involve working in other areas of the Fabric Department.
Hours of Work
7:30hrs to 16:30hrs
Hours of work may vary according to the workload of the Company.