RTG are looking to recruit a Programme Manager for a leading System Integrator in Staffordshire. The successful candidate will work alongside National Grid to replace and upgrade their Gas Transmission network. This will involve ageing and obsolete control systems, Fire and Gas systems, compressors metering and other ancillary equipment. Reporting to the responsible Business Manager, the candidate will have responsibility for the profitability, planning and delivery of significant contracts utilising a diverse supply chain to cost, time and specification. This is an exciting opportunity to play a significant part in our Client's growth strategy, shaping the way that projects are delivered within the framework whilst operationally leading a major business stream.
* Managing the Framework comprising a number of contracts from inception through to delivery within demanding timescales. This will include responsibility for overseeing Tendering and securing of work within the framework.
* Responsible for developing and deploying the strategic business plan for the Framework, including regular period reviews of progress against the plan and adjusting the plan as necessary
* Responsible for ensuring that all the Projects are delivered to timescale, specification, budget and customer satisfaction which includes ensuring a number of KPI's are optimized (Safety, Programme, Cost etc)
* Full financial responsibility for a number of contracts with an overall value of £10M's including subcontracts for specialist works and supplies
* People-management responsibility for leading and motivating a team of project managers, hardware, software and installation engineers. This role will include internal and external recruitment of resources to fulfill the needs of the framework and optimization of their use across the projects.
* Responsibility for all Environmental, Health & Safety aspects of the projects through the Company SHEQ Manager and project H&S Advisor and for ensuring that a safety culture is embedded within the Framework and the individuals that comprise it.
* Hold regular report and progress meetings with clients
* Provide accurate and timely internal Reports to the responsible Business Manager
* Assist in securing future business by cultivating customer expectations through excellent delivery to ensure a long term collaborative partnership with the Customers
* Responsibility for Quality Control for all projects involved
* Responsible for the identification of continuous improvement within the framework and implementation to enhance profitability and Customer experience
* Help identify and Manage Risk associated with the Frameworks
* Ensuring appropriate Governance and compliance is achieved in the execution of the Framework and the associated projects.
* Identification of any skills or competence gaps and ensuring that training or other methods are deployed to close the gaps.
* At least 10 years demonstrable full project management experience within an EPC environment but with a background in electrical engineering/systems delivery with a demonstrable track record of success
* Demonstrable experience within the Gas Transmission Industry or similar (engineering awareness of Hazardous Area applications, Functional Safety, Fire and Gas systems etc)
* Must have good customer facing skills and the ability to forge strong customer relationships
* Must have demonstrable track record of achieving project timescales, margins, customer satisfaction and quality
* Experience of subcontractor management
* Strong leadership skills, including team management experience
* Current driving license
* Must be prepared to travel, with some stays away at customer sites
* Ideally 4 years demonstrable programme management experience in a systems delivery company
* A recognized project management qualification (for example, PRINCE 2, APMP) and/or approved training.