Role: Project Controller
Rate: Competitive Day Rate
Duration: 12 Months, with possibility of extension
Start Date: Feb 2019
Our client, who is a revered multi-national professional services firm, is seeking to appoint an experienced Project Controller to join a busy PMO in London.
The Project Controller will have a Scheduling bias, and will act as the lead project expert on all programme and Scheduling matters and produce and maintain the integrated project programme in order to ensure the project's objectives are successfully achieved.
Working on a major new build Power Station construction project, the Project Controller will ideally have demonstrable experience of dealing with Local Authorities and their processes, working in a PMO environment, and will possess strong stakeholder management skills.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of a robust schedule.
- Communication of schedule data routinely, including issues and risks within it.
- Delivery of monthly schedule update cycle and progress monitoring.
- Maintain the Primavera Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) on behalf of the Programme Office Lead.
- Further development and improvement of the IMS through addressing of gaps and risks via engagement with stakeholders.
- Define scheduling standards and processes required of contractors/other schedule data contributors and implement these.
- Managing the period-end cycle, including quality assurance of inputs and reporting outputs. Acting as custodian of the Work Breakdown Structure.
- Providing review and reporting on contractor programmes as part of tender evaluation and programme routine acceptance.
- Develop the project controls and earned value systems through engagement with the cost management function and risk manager.
- Support QSRA activities as required.
- Clear communication of deviations to schedule
- Look ahead at potential challenges within the programme, ensuring timely mitigation and management of critical interfaces between participants
- Mitigation strategies for changes
- Single version of the truth via a single view of the project schedule
- Ensuring clear management information for decision-making and project steering
- Robust change management and communication of schedule data.
- Improving engagement of the team with the schedule.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk