I am currently recruiting for a project controller who is well versed in SAP for a global energy giant and expert operator within electricity, natural gas, and energy sectors.
As a project controller you will be a key member of the project team and works directly with the project manager to help define the project's goals and objectives; create and maintain a project's budget and schedule, analyse progress reported against the work schedules; and recommend actions to improve progress.
* Maximise productivity by supporting the project team and all resources.
* Enter new projects, clients, and resources on the Electronic Project Management System (EPMS) and SAP
* Assist with the compilation and processing of monthly project invoices, taking ownership of the processing of invoices for assigned projects
* Creation of products and charges as required on EPMS.
* Work alongside project management to develop and deliver project reports via EPMS and other systems.
* Develop and produce project trackers using native SAP data and coordinating with Project Managers to update forecasts
* Work as an EPMS 'Super-User' to support team members and assist with long term development plans for EPMS.
* Implement and monitor Resource Plans across projects
* Monitor CTR and DDS trackers across assigned projects including Earned Value reporting
* Assist with the compilation and issuing of all necessary cost and schedule progress reports, including earned value, in line with company procedures, and act in a timely manner to correct any issues likely to result in poorer outturn figures.
* Production, compilation, issue, receipt and filing of project documentation between departments, clients, and sub-contractors, including tender documents, design drawings/documents, data dossiers and certification manuals, ensuring traceability and conformance to company quality standards within assigned projects
* Expediting timely responses to technical queries and variation orders on assigned projects
* Generating purchase orders specific to project requirement on SAP.
* Maintaining, updating, and proof-reading project documentation including registers, cost spreadsheets and quality plan etc. on assigned projects Ensure all project and test documentation is correctly produced and securely filed, being submitted to the client within contract timescales.
* Implement company procedures, or any other instructions given by the Project Manager or other management, ensuring that all controls are in place.
* Proof reading project documentation including registers and cost spreadsheets.
* Assisting with internal audits.
* Able to budget, cost and price various products and services
* Able to produce accurate financial reports and analysis
* Able to effectively and efficiently produce and report cost and time within a project
* Good understanding of how to achieve effective contract management
* Can effectively deal with change and claims
* Able to analyse the Engineering and Construction project environment
* Understands project and contract terms and invoicing procedures
* Shows awareness and monitoring of WIP
* Can carry out a simple procurement exercises including setting evaluation criteria and ranking potential suppliers
* Good understanding of change management in relation to scope management, document control and version control
* Understands the need for ethical working, values, integrity and codes of conduct and the need to observe these in the execution of work in a way that contributes to professionalism
* Has the ability to communicate project controls information effectively to a range of stakeholders including technical and non-technical audiences
* Can identify and quantify project-related risks and opportunities
* Can recommend contingencies and/or mitigation of risks
* Can review information and identify assumptions, gaps, conflicting data, ambiguities, actions to take to resolve the above
* Good ability to produce a document that details the scope of the project
* Understands the implications of a sound approach to the development of and use of different types of breakdown and coding structures
* Prepare and present breakdown and coding structures that meet project requirements and are flexible
* Able to gather and validate the information required to produce schedules
* Able to determine timescales for component activities and check that developed timescales are consistent with achieving the requirements
* Able to develop basis of schedule/schedule narrative
* Can develop the initial budget for control of work scope delivery using cost estimates, project schedules and breakdown structures
* Has an organised approach to the maintenance of project files
* Has good attention to detail
* Has good working knowledge of Microsoft Office i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
* Is confident to learn software tools to support project activities