PROJECT DESIGNER - Inventor/AutoCAD (Facades and Curtain Walling - Construction)
REPORTS TO: HEAD OF DESIGN
SALARY: £38,000 (per annum)
ST HELENS BASED (WFH is flexible)
Our client is a multinational company who provide sustainable products and systems into the construction industry.
They already have an incredibly established portfolio in facades they are looking to broaden their product range, expanding further with facades, and capitalising on the global mega-trend towards the urban environment and tall buildings.
They have invested heavily in this new division of facades, a new Board, new management and are now looking for a Project Designer to join their rapidly expanding business.
If you are looking for an opportunity where you can join a brand-new team, utilise all your knowledge AND be a part of something genuinely career changing, this could be your next new role.
YOUR NEW ROLE
As the new Project Designer, you will be responsible for developing a working design on projects in compliance with the design intent and estimate with consideration of the manufacturability, buildability and project budget.
Responsible for ensuring all designs are safe by design for manufacture, installation and life of the building and comply with the CDM regulations and other applicable standards.
Coordination of the design all other involved parties to obtain client approval. Working on multiple projects to completion within the defined programmes.
Generation of production and installation information.
Your role will have a direct impact on the company's strategic objectives for the department.
YOUR KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To produce designs drawings utilising Inventor and AutoCad. Knowledge of Vault preferable.
* To provide component manufacturing details for checking by Design Manager and/or Senior Designer.
* To provide design support to Senior Designers as well as working on own assigned projects.
* Produce assembly details for all projects both UK and Export.
* Explore VE (Value Engineering) options with designs.
* Ensure designs are compliant with structural engineers' calculations.
* Analyse project specifications and drawings and review for discrepancies compared to quotations and estimates.
* Liaise with structural engineer, senior designers, and managers to resolve any design issues.
* Prepare drawings for approval in the appropriate formats and both issue and obtain approvals in a timely manner and in line with project programme.
* Completion of CDM (Construction Design and Management) Documentation.
* Prepare a design that is both buildable and manufacturable and within cost allowed in conjunction with senior designers, manager, and suppliers throughout the process.
* Review comments to drawings, especially considering if the comments are design changes or have cost or time implications. Revise and resubmit as required.
* Prepare initial material call offs for procurement to meet overall programme.
* Attend design meetings to resolve design and co-ordination issues with the other elements of the project with senior designers and manager.
* Attend site for surveys with project managers as required.
* Prepare manufacturing details, shop drawings and installation drawings/instructions.
* Prepare and issue drawings for construction and as built.
* Monitor project progress and inform relevant parties throughout the project.
* Continuously review the design against costings and inform project managers of any potential issues or overspends.
* Assist in preparation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, O&M (Operation & Maintenance) Manuals or other project documentation.
* Ensure all correspondence is electronically filed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Must be able to articulate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Must have significant experience undertaking a similar role.
* Must be able to analyse drawings and data to quantify and rationalise requirements.
* Be able to adopt a creative but logical approach to projects and develop a complete system solution, paying attention to details and solving problems.
* Degree or equivalent in relevant discipline encompassing design, engineering, and construction techniques.
* Experience in a construction engineering role, preferably involving design of facades and/or structural steel or similar.
* Knowledge of manufacturing, materials and construction is advantageous.
* Experience in using Autodesk software both 2D and 3D is desirable.
Negotiable dependent on experience - £38,000 (per annum)
25 days per annum (3 or 4 days to be taken at Christmas)
8:30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday,
8:30am - 4:00pm Friday. Half an hour for lunch
Please click on the link to apply, ensuring all your contact information is up to date.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Manufacturing Recruitment Consultant