* Managing multiple Research & Development projects from conception to delivery, ensuring that projects are delivered to budget, timescales and cost targets.
* Manage teams across global sites to achieve project goals, ensuring that the project team are motivated and focused helping to achieve clearly defined targets and deliverables.
* Ensuring that all teams and resources are managed effectively and efficiently.
* You and your team will establish and maintain strong communication channels and relationships with other departments, internal stakeholders and third party groups in order to accomplish project goals.
* Definition and ownership of product specifications, design verification plans and timing plans ensuring that needs of key stakeholders are met and identifying and unblocking any road blocks on the way.
* Chair regular project meetings with your team and report project status at regular project review meetings with Senior Management.
* Show a strong lead into the input and development of the project management processes ensuring continuous improvement.
* Take the lead when training junior engineers in the delivery of technical projects
* Be willing to deputise for the Group Engineering Project Manager as and when required.
Education & Experience
* Engineering degree or equivalent.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in engineering project management
* Proven track record of new product introduction.
* Knowledge of and proficient in the use of project management software packages such as Microsoft Project or similar.
* Experience of Lean Manufacturing/Engineering principles.
* Experience working in a fast moving environment and be able to demonstrate good time management and organisational skills.
* Candidates must be able to demonstrate they have undertaken personal professional development during their career.
* The candidate will ideally have worked in an industry supplying machinery for use in a high production environment - automotive, aerospace, FMCG e.t.c. where reliability of production equipment is high.
* Knowledge of controls, robots, pneumatics, electrical components and or hydraulics would be an advantage but not essential.
* Working knowledge of 3D CAD packages and the ability to read technical drawings.
* Understanding and experience of industrial control systems, especially software and PLC's
* Systems Engineering experience, preferably in a mechatronics environment
* Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks at any one time.
* The ability to work on own initiative and under pressure.
* Excellent interpersonal and team management skills, including strong communications and presentations skills.
* An ability to make decisions, use initiative and carry out appropriate actions in line with the company procedures.
* Develop effective relationships with all internal and external customers, suppliers etc.
* Demonstrate good problem solving skills.
* Ability to represent the company externally in a highly professional and credible manner.
* International travel will be required as part of this role.
Project Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Project Engineering Manager|
|Salary:||£48000 - £54000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||martin willemsen|
|Job Published:||November 23, 2017 10:03|
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's