I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large General Build contractor based in the Warrington area. They are looking to add an experienced Project Manager to the team. They have a well established reputation in the industry and a strong portfolio covering new build, refurbishment and fit out works on a mixture of schemes from Education to health and commercial. Ideally they are looking for a Degree Qualified Project Manager or a manager with an engineering background. They are looking for a project manager with a wide range of experience working as a No1 Project manager on projects from £1m - £10m.
As a project manager you will be based on site and dealing directly with the client and managing the project taking a view of all commercial aspects including profits and costs and managing your onsite QS to drive this. You will have a proven track record of maximising value on previous projects and must be a strong communicator. You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and using your influencing and negotiating skills. You will take an overview of the overall Health and safety, quality and productivity of your sites and be able to drive these initiatives.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of projects.
- The ability to control costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Knowledge and Understanding of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- The ability to manage teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants
- Experience in dealing with clients directly and managing multiple customer relationships
- Experience in the planning and programming of projects
- Ideally degree qualified or MCIOB
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Asta/ Microsoft project/ Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- 1st Aid
To apply for the Project Manager position please send your CV or call Aisling Ward for further information.