My client is a dynamic and progressive research and technology company with a focus on robotics and automation. They develop innovative industrial robotic systems to overcome multifaceted challenges in relation to sensing, measurement, control automation and inspection. Their solutions are continuously being developed through research and development, working closely with leading industry and research organisations, and participating on collaborative European and national projects with outstanding success. In addition, they also support clients in securing grants to improve innovative industrial solutions and products.
Due to continued expansion, they are now looking for a self-motivated Project Manager to provide pro-active support to their busy project management team based in Cambridge. The successful candidate will;
- Demonstrate initiative, have good organisational and time management skills and an ability to work under pressure
- Minimum 2 years' experience working on European Commission and Innovate UK funded projects (Horizon 2020, FP7 or related)
- Hold a Degree or higher, ideally in Science or Engineering discipline
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Be proficient in Microsoft Project
- Have a high attention to detail
- Be a team player who can facilitate project operations effectively
- Possess a "can-do" attitude
- Be located or willing to relocate to Cambridge
Key Responsibilities include;
- Work on project management of their growing portfolio of local and international research and development projects
- Verbal and written communications with project partners and funding bodies, particular related to Innovate UK and European Commission
- Prepare and submit project progress reports, working to strict deadlines
- Be involved in project start up contractual management
- Disseminate projects and exploit planning and execution
- Provide backing to the technical team activities in addition to daily co-ordination of high profile collaborative projects and developments
This is an exciting opportunity to be an instrumental part of an exciting, growing solution provider involved in progressive technology projects. The successful candidate will be expected to work from the company's Cambridge offices.
Russell Taylor is an Employment Agency and has full authority to advertise this position.
For more information call Mel on 0151 304 7034, or click Apply now.