Position: Project Manager (E&I)
Location: Middlesbrough (Occasional travel)
Salary: Competitive - Contract or Permanent
Our client is seeking to appoint a Project Manager, with E&I projects experience for their busy team in Middlesbrough. They are a Specialist Electrical & Instrumentation services contractor providing Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Maintenance services covering a broad range of sectors such as Oil & Gas, Power & Infrastructure, Industrial and Commercial.
- Prepare pre-mobilisation plans and pre-construction requirements including HSE and Quality Plans
- Validation and preparation of commercial budgets and essential reporting structures
- Assess need for input of labour, supervision and equipment during the course of construction.
- Ensure that methods of work are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Ensure that developments on site, which under the terms of the contract document that requires special evaluation and assessment, are correctly identified and appropriate action taken.
- Ensure construction/installation keeps to budget/plan.
- Investigate and account for any deviations from budget man-hours.
- Ensure construction organisation is adequate, that staff at all levels understand their role and responsibilities and that effective delegation takes place.
- Managing project health and safety with support from the HSE Manager.
- Prepare technical and financial proposals with the Proposal Manager.
- Maintain project cost control and reporting.
- Train and mentor junior and intermediate staff.
- Work with field staff to resolve technical and constructability issues.
- Prepare and administrate multiple subcontracts.
- Prepare daily/weekly/monthly reports - HSE/Procurement/P.Controls/Commercial/Quality/Engineering/Construction
Qualifications & Experience:
- 15+ years construction experience with a minimum of 10 years as a Project Manager
- Relevant post-secondary construction/trades related education
- Preference given to those with Project Management certification
- Preference given to those with experience in the O&G, Power Generation and heavy industrial sectors
- Good contractual knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge of project controls, estimating, scheduling, tendering, planning
- Strong construction safety knowledge
- Leadership skills
- Computer Applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Copopck@Russell-Taylor.co.uk