Senior Project Manager - Technical/Design Management
Location: Birmingham UK
Excellent Salary and benefits package on offer, which will be detailed during initial discussion.
Our client, who is a highly revered multinational professional services firm, are seeking to appoint an experienced Project Manager to join their busy team in Birmingham, working on major infrastructure and utilities projects.
The Project Manager will undertake technical/design project management assignments within our client's Programme and Project Management team. As Project Manager you will report to the Energy Sector leader within the PPM Midlands. You will be required to integrate into project delivery teams and work closely with technical discipline leaders, internal consultants and contractors as required.
- Help develop PPM capability for Energy clients
- Support clients from business case through to implementation for large capital projects
- Significantly enhance your project management and technical skills
- Develop best-practice within the team
- Identify new project opportunities and areas of business activity for the team
- Support, identify and develop digital innovations to support development of future service offering
- Adopt best practice PM processes to effectively manage energy and major infrastructure projects
- Utilise strong design and/or technical background to lead multi-disciplinary engineering and consulting teams to achieve the project goals established by key stakeholders
- Supporting bidding / winning work activities, initiating projects, formation of project team to satisfactorily deliver and ensure overall client satisfaction
- Be responsible for a number of junior PMs, support staff and/or technical disciple leads and should be able to demonstrate ability to manage priorities across a variety of demanding client needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- Typically, 5+ years' professional experience in engineering and/or consulting, preferably with a background in engineering or technical disciplines.
- Experience of working in within a technical, design management or project management role, ideally with experience in Energy projects (low carbon, renewables, thermal, nuclear etc.), utilities or heavy infrastructure / industrial projects.
- Chartered through a recognised UK national or international institution
- A deep understanding of project management fundamentals, such as PMBOK, or similar.
- Strong experience of data analysis
- Strong interest in adopting new technologies and methods of work to improve existing workflows and processes.
- An appreciation and / or experience of implementing digital solutions.
Our client offer a range of flexible working options - including flexible start and finish times, working from home or working part-time.
Core benefits including private healthcare and a range of other protection schemes are funded by our client and made available to all permanent staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. You will also have access to a Flexible Benefits Fund, available to spend on a wide range of Choice Benefits to compliment your work/life balance and financial security.
All permanent employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules, employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on financial performance.
To apply for this role please forward your CV to Andy.Coppock@Russell-Taylor.co.uk