Role: - Project Manager(Marine/telecommunications)
Location: - Hampshire
Salary: - Competitive (DOE)
Russell-Taylor Group has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced project manager within Marines or Telecommunication industry to join our clients global testing & Certification Company. A
The individual will be required to manage the costs, budget, technical project preparation, keeping customers up-to-date of progress during testing and ensuring that all test reports and certificates are delivered on time. If this role interests you please apply within.
- Managing clients expectations (technically & commercially)
- Management of projects to achieve sales budgets and profit targets
- Acting as principal intermediary between the client and the operating areas from the beginning to the end of projects
- Ensuring on time and accurate delivery of contractual deliverables
- Ensuring projects are booked on facility plans and that these are regularly kept up-to-date
- Organisation of subcontract testing and specialist equipment hire
- Ensuring projects are booked on facility plans and that facility plans are kept up-to-date
- Working with the test supervisors to ensure prompt delivery of samples and supporting any workload and problem solving.
- Ensuring forecasts are kept current
- Prompt and accurate invoicing at the earliest opportunity per month
- Visiting clients when required and follow compliance with all business models/tools (LEAN/quality initiatives)
- Experience in project management in the marine or telecommunications industry is essential- exceptional organisational skills and ability to multitask
- A broad understanding of new product development
- Experience of supporting customers in a b2b environment.
- A technical aptitude with the ability to develop an understanding of engineering topics
- Track record of having a good balance between technical judgement and commercial awareness.
- Consistently delivers and looks for opportunities to improve service delivery.
- Has a good understanding of customers' needs
- Experience of dealing with international customers.
- A good team player with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Exceptional Microsoft office skills
- A working knowledge of regulatory and voluntary compliance requirements for products (desirable)