We are currently seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Leeds. These are full time positions, predominantly office based, for which the post holders will be responsible for delivering projects, or key elements within projects and managing the performance of a project end-to-end.
The ideal candidates would be time served and fully qualified in their relevant trade preferably with Electrical & / or Mechanical knowledge. Candidates will be considered with both a trades and academic qualification to City & Guilds, HNC, HND, Degree or equivalent, with post qualification supervisory experience. The role of Project Manager is to ensure that the client's requirements are met, the project is completed on time and within budget.
The role of Project Manager will require the individual to undertake the following duties:
- Creation and execution of project work plans and revision as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope.
- Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
- Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
- Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis.
- Manages project budget.
- Determines appropriate revenue recognition, ensures timely and accurate invoicing and monitors receivables for project.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices and variation costs.
- Analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Understands basic revenue models, P/L, and cost-to-completion projections and makes decisions accordingly.
- Understanding of pricing and billing procedures.
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization.
- Assures project legal documents are completed and signed.
- Knowledge of NEC and Yellow Book with regards to contracts is advantageous
- Identifies business development and "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to a specific project.
- Leads proposal efforts including completing project scoping
- Effectively conveys our message in both written and verbal business development discussions.
- Facilitates team and client meetings effectively.
- Holds regular status meetings with project team.
- Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
- Effectively communicates relevant project information.
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Manages day-to-day client interaction.
- Sets and manages client expectations.
- Develops lasting relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
Applicants must have excellent interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication skills and be able to build and maintain strong business relationships with internal employees and external clients.
- Minimum of Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Ideally HNC or equivalent in an Engineering related subject
- Good communicator with customers and staff and be able to work as part of a team
- Organised and methodical with a strong work ethic
- Ability to plan workloads to meet tight deadlines
- Possess a sound commercial awareness
- The following skills and experience would be an advantage:-Experience of Installation/commissioning of electrical equipment, control panels and/or process control systems
-Experience of formal reporting to senior management
- Occasional UK travel in order to meet with clients