I am currently recruiting on behalf of a large General Build & civils contractor based in the Manchester area. They are looking to add an experienced Civils Project Manager to the team. On the civils arm of the business they have a portfolio covering Highways, structural works, deep excavation, major earthworks and Public Realm. They are looking for a project manager with Highways and Earthworks experience as the initial scheme will be working on a road improvement scheme in Manchester and works will involve: traffic management, drainage and ducting, kerbing, full road construction, plane off and re-surfacing, white lining and new traffic signals.
As a project manager you will be based on site and dealing directly with the client and managing the project taking a view of all commercial aspects including profits and costs and managing your onsite QS to drive this. You will have a proven track record of maximising value on previous projects and must be a strong communicator. You will be dealing with clients on a daily basis and using your influencing and negotiating skills. You will take an overview of the overall Health and safety, quality and productivity of your sites and be able to drive these initiatives. Any experience of preconstruction stages jobs would also be helpful.
Key qualifications and skills:
- Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HND in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Extensive technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
- Experience in the planning and programming of projects
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, Asta/ Microsoft project/ Primavera software).
- Relevant CSCS Card
- 1st Aid
To apply for the Project Manager position please send your CV or call Aisling on 01517375560 for further information.